PDA

View Full Version : Redmax problems

newbie35
07-08-2007, 12:38 PM
I have redmax trimmers, blowers, and stick edgers. Lately during the afternoon when it is real hot the don't want to start or they will start and die. (bog down when trying to use the gas) Is this common for redmax stuff? Or do I need to replace something...:cry: I can't continue running like this it takes to much time. Thanks guys

stephenslawncare
07-08-2007, 01:32 PM
i run redmax :weightlifter: , try taking out the spark arrestors on the mufflers. mine actually perfore much better in warm conditions. redmax stuff also takes a minute to warm up before it performs at its best.

lawnmaniac883
07-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Run premium fuel.

lawnspecialties
07-08-2007, 03:03 PM
It sounds like a problem many of us have had with the 8000's. Are you running Opti-2 or something similar? I switched to "regular" oil during the summer and it appears to have stopped doing that.

kmann
07-08-2007, 07:18 PM
I have redmax trimmers, blowers, and stick edgers. Lately during the afternoon when it is real hot the don't want to start or they will start and die. (bog down when trying to use the gas) Is this common for redmax stuff? Or do I need to replace something...:cry: I can't continue running like this it takes to much time. Thanks guys

I have Stihl Equipment and when it's really hot (like everday) it will do the same thing. I clean the Spark Plug and it will start right up and not happen again for awhile. I run the octane and mix per the Manuals, but I also think alot of the places down here sell bogus gas.

BAKERS
07-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Here in Delaware we have E10 fuel if your state does check your fuel lines, we've seen many failures on all brands. Check carefully it only takes a small crack.

J&R Landscaping
07-08-2007, 11:04 PM
What model Redmax's are giving you these problems. When did you purchase these machines?
Last year, many carburator issues surfaced. They would run great while they are cold and even till mid day but after that they would bog and die. The Carbs were set to lean in many instances and were being replaced undewr warranty by my dealer and many other dealers in my area. I would check the obvious stuff first, (fuel line and filter, spark arrestor, How long the trimmer line is if the guard is off the unit). Send me a PM if you want or reply on here with the models and such and I'll tell yea if your models where some my dealer ha trouble with.....

deason
07-08-2007, 11:09 PM

Burp the gas tanks when it gets hot. By this I mean unscrew the gas cap before starting to let the pressure off the tank. With hot temps, pressure builds up inside the tank and makes it hard for the carb to draw fuel. We have only had this problem with 1 red max blower (we have 3), and this has been only once or twice.

mcrespo
07-08-2007, 11:26 PM
I have a BCZ2400s that does this but it starts fine, just won't rev to high rpm's. I have removed and checked the muffler, spark plug, and air filter. I believe the dealer replaced the carb shortly after I bought it a couple years ago. The problem just recently resurfaced. My gas tank doesn't appear to be pressured up and mine bogs right from the get go. I'll check the fuel pick up and try some premium gas but it ran fine for a long time on regular gas.

Could you explain why you believe a pressured up tank would cause this? Just curious. Thanks

american dream
07-09-2007, 12:02 AM
Hey guys!I also have two Redmax units blower and trimmer both less than 4 months old and both take long to warm up. trimmer vibes realy bad and blower bogs.

S man
07-09-2007, 12:24 AM
Hey guys!I also have two Redmax units blower and trimmer both less than 4 months old and both take long to warm up. trimmer vibes realy bad and blower bogs.

Those redmax trimmers do vibrate. Try a stihl or echo. No vibes with them.

newbie35
07-09-2007, 12:46 AM
thanks guys sounds like many of you have the same problems. We are running the 2600s on the blowers I think(hand held units) 2401 on the trimmer (I think) and I can't remember the stick edger. I will try all this and let you know. All the stuff is new this year or last year. I didn't have any trouble last year but have this year. I already took the spark arrestor out. That's the first thing I did. I will try premium fuel. I pulled the carb the other day but it looked fine. I didn't have any carb cleaner with me so maybe I should shoot some down it and just see.

lawnspecialties
07-09-2007, 12:53 AM
Those redmax trimmers do vibrate.

Yep, and the strato-charged stuff does take a while to warm up.

S man
07-09-2007, 10:20 PM
Yep, and the strato-charged stuff does take a while to warm up.

can Say that again. but stihls are great with starting. Fs85 starts on FIRST pull.

P.Services
07-09-2007, 10:31 PM
I have a BCZ2400s that does this but it starts fine, just won't rev to high rpm's. I have removed and checked the muffler, spark plug, and air filter. I believe the dealer replaced the carb shortly after I bought it a couple years ago. The problem just recently resurfaced. My gas tank doesn't appear to be pressured up and mine bogs right from the get go. I'll check the fuel pick up and try some premium gas but it ran fine for a long time on regular gas.

Could you explain why you believe a pressured up tank would cause this? Just curious. Thanks

its not always the pressure its the suction created when it cools that dose it to mine. Anyone that uses the blitz gas cans whith no vents knows this in the cool mornings they will be sucked in and air will rush IN when you open the cap and once they warm up the air will blow out. The whip can create a vacume that will lock the fuel in place if it is not vented enought or at all also

Envy Lawn Service
07-10-2007, 12:33 AM
Nothing gives me any trouble but the 2600 trimmer.

In order to battle the cold nature and every crank up, here is what to do...

Set the throttle lock.
Prime it a few times.
Set the choke.
Yank and go for the choke to cut it off instantly.

Odd as it seems it will roar to life screaming.
Leave the throttle lock on and go at it until it gets hot and opens up wide open.

None of my other RedMax stuff has this problem.

As for the extreme hot weather cranking... once in a blue moon my trimmer will do that. I think it usually happens if I forget to burp the tank. I think it just floods a little.

S man
07-10-2007, 01:04 AM
My eb7001 has no start up problems. one or two pulls and it's off blowing.