PDA

View Full Version : Print this article and carry it with you

screensnot
07-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Print this article and carry it with you.

US woman arrested over dry lawn (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6282348.stm)

Then when a possible new customer balks at your price, you whip out the article and say, "It's cheap insurance to make sure that this does not happen to you."

Or if a customer says that their lawn is not too long and they'd like to skip a week, slap this down in front of them and ask if they are sure they want to risk it.

The police are tired of people who don't get their chores done. These people are gonna learn that if they are too lazy to take care of their lawns, they had better pay one of us to do it (and not complain about the price).

RutledgeLawnCare,NC
07-09-2007, 11:53 AM
applause to the church leaders and helpers who helped clean up the garden/landscape for the lady. i have helped in cases like this and it is pathetic that people let lots go to he11 but what can we do? the very church leader who hires me to "help" out says not to give them a break becuase ill end up like them in the long run, broke....thanks

The Captain
07-09-2007, 04:51 PM
According to the Oren Utah Daily Herald, this 70 year old lady was being served a citation for her lawn being "dry, brown and studded with short weeds." (Sounds like a lot of lawns this year.) She refused to give her name to the officer and started to go back into her house. A scuffle :hammerhead: followed with her falling and being struck in the face by the officers' handcuffs as he tried to sudue her. (Subdue a 70 year old woman? with handcuffs! Sounds like something the WWF would be interested in.)

The officer is now on leave, pending investigation "that (according to the city) the situation could have been handled differently." (The city will also pick up her Emergency Room bill.)

I had read about this on another news site where she said being on a fixed income, she couldn't afford to pay her water bill if she had to water her lawn in the Utah heat. (Anyone on a city water system knows that feeling.) Seems kind of strange :confused: with all the areas in drought, a city would require a home owner to water the lawns rather than conserve water.

The Captain

IN2MOWN
07-09-2007, 04:54 PM
Sounds like she deserved it to me.

HOOLIE
07-09-2007, 06:24 PM
What an outstanding use of taxpayer money :rolleyes: She should've punched the cop in the nose...

lawnworker
07-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Wow, is this America?

KTO Enterprises
07-09-2007, 08:40 PM
I can see penalties for overgrown lawns, but not watering? It is the land of the mormons though. That might have something to do with it.

Grits
07-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Ain't that some sh!t!!! It takes a really tough man to rough up a 70 year old lady. I imagine she might have been less than cooperable, but come on, she's 70. There are some things that you just shouldn't do, and messing with an old bitty like that is one of them.
They should have tried to help her, either themselves or find someone that will help her get her yard in shape. Bass Turds!

DBL
07-09-2007, 08:47 PM
thats crazy for once in my life (i am so pro-police) i can say i think they have better things to do than that