PDA

View Full Version : blades for ts 400

vtscaper
07-09-2007, 11:10 PM
Can you run 12" blades on a 14" saw or can this wear the motor due to the change in rpm. I dont think there is any rev limiter on a ts 400.

D Felix
07-09-2007, 11:52 PM
I can't say I know for sure either way, but I don't know why you couldn't do it...

Yes, your blade speed will be different (it'll actually be lower speed at the same rpm), but I don't think there would be any significant change in max rpms to cause any problems. Call your dealer and ask them if you are very concerned about it.

forestfireguy
07-10-2007, 10:08 AM
The change in rpms is only at the blade tip, the engine dictates all of this, the working range, I imagine that if something were to wear earlier, it would be the blade overspeeding......I really doubt though that there is any issue with anything wearing early.

lawnman456
07-10-2007, 05:27 PM
i have used different size blades when i used to do construction. i spent hours using one from cutting roofs and concrete using different size blades. i have used 16 inch and 12 inch and nothing have happened to it. I have seen nothing that have harm the saw. and that saw took alot of abuse. You will be fine. i sure there is a rev limit on your saw or you most likey have blown your engine by now.

ChampionLS
07-11-2007, 03:45 AM
The RPM's are the same- doesn't matter which blade you use. A bigger diameter blade has a faster tip speed across the cutting surface..which means faster cutting, but since your using a hand held and can vary the speed with the throttle, you probably won't notice a difference.