PDA

View Full Version : In an eXmark ad i saw..

mcwlandscaping
07-10-2007, 01:24 AM
In one of the landscape magazines i get, i think it was "landscape", i noticed an eXmark ad in the beginning of it. There was a ZTR and WB on the trailer with a nice new Chevy half ton pulling it. However, in the bed of the truck was two lowest model possible ryobi home depot backpack blowers and two ryobi trimmers on the trimmer racks on the trailer. Being a company that caters mainly to lawncare professionals with top of the line equipment, i just figured they'd have their equipment with other top of the line equipment as well..........just something i noticed.
-mike-

Grits
07-10-2007, 01:39 AM
Maybe they didn't want to "step on anybody's toes" in the commercial equipment world.

pugs
07-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Maybe they are trying to say they are almost as good as ryobi??? :laugh:

Juan_Deere
07-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Perhaps the ad was targetting homeowners as opposed to commercial. Although the get up may have looked like a commercial set up getting ready to make its rounds, the goal of those advertisements is to get you, the consumer, to remember their name when it comes time to buy. So the setting isn't always that important. Since eXmark doesn't market weedeaters or blowers, they probably don't care what brand is advertised with their mowers. And the other companies that do sell those items, don't care because they know an eXmark dealer doesn't usually, if ever, carry Ryobi. So when you go to buy an eXmark, you are going to walk out with a Stihl, Echo, or whoever your eXmark dealer sells. It is kind of a win win situation for all. Even if you aren't in market for a mower, you will remember the Ryobi weedeater, and if you are a homeowner, that is all you need. If you are, or are going, commercial you either already know better, or the commercial dealer is going to set you straight when you go to buy your set up.

delphied
07-10-2007, 02:21 PM
More than likely, the people shooting the photos knew nothing about the other equipment and bought it at Home Depot for the shoot.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
07-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Juan Deere: Sent you a PM

dmanb2b
07-10-2007, 03:14 PM
could also be that ryobi paid to be an associate sponsor in the exmark ad....similar to when you see someone drinking a coke in a movie...chances are coke pays a advertising fee for being in the movie...otherwise the producers would have had the person drinking a no-frills beverage

Juan_Deere
07-10-2007, 03:26 PM
More than likely, the people shooting the photos knew nothing about the other equipment and bought it at Home Depot for the shoot.

I doubt it seriously. With companies that size, all that junk is closely coordinated and someone has to pay thousands and thousands of dollars for that simple little picture to be placed in the magazine. One company is not going to provide the free advertising for the other. I am willing to bet every brand name you see in that picture paid nicely to have their product name in it.

Phaneuf
07-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Yup, you guys are right! Its just like getting your equipment at a considerable discount if you promise to put there stickers on your rigs. In the ad I bet ryobi was the only one willing to pitch in with exmark. Maybe the target area was previously untargeted by any commercial exquipment companys and it wouldn't even mean anything if they saw a top knotch trimmer in that ad because they wouldn't even know what they were seeing, but ryobi, I can get down at the old hardware store. How 'bout we call up corp and ask 'em.... just a thought.

WJW Lawn
07-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Ryobi was with an Exmark? What an insult to Ryobi! lol Kiddn. Hey, they got the Chevy right though!!!