PDA

View Full Version : Grass on neighbors cars...what to do?? PITA

lawnmaniac883
07-10-2007, 11:36 AM
As I'm blowing off one of my properties on monday this lady drives up in her car and asks me if I am the guy that cuts the grass and blows all of the clippings around after I'm done at that house. I say yes and she then continues btching at me because some dust/dirt/grassclippings gets on her cars after I'm finished. I go ahead and reply that I cannot control what the wind does with the debris maam then she starts yelling at me, holding up the traffic behind her, saying that I need to atleast have the courtesy to blow off her driveway and her cars after I do my account each time. Keeps reiterating that over and over I finally just yell back OK at her and walk away.

Do you guys ever get this crap from neighbors of your accounts? Its not like her car was a lexus bmw or mercedes it was a dirty ass old honda accord. What am I supposed to do here go and inspect all of the cars before I can leave? How bout yalls experiences with dirt on neighbors cars.

Runner
07-10-2007, 11:45 AM
If you are not blowing grass and/or dust on her car, then it is just too bad. If a construction crew was digging a drain line out in the yard next door, and dust blew over, would she want THEM to go over and clean her car off? If a streetsweeper drives by and dust gets on her drive and car, does she want them to clean them off? If it is drift,....sorry...we are not responsible. See ya in the fall!

Rtom45
07-10-2007, 12:54 PM
If the crew at the College get dirt or grass on somebody's car, I make them clean it off. If its bad enough, they have to wash it. There's no excuse for a person to get dirt on a car, unless they're careless or lazy.

SSS 18734
07-10-2007, 01:50 PM
I will blow off neighbor's driveways and cars if I get a ton of clippings on them. But that's it.

lawnmaniac883
07-10-2007, 04:34 PM
If the crew at the College get dirt or grass on somebody's car, I make them clean it off. If its bad enough, they have to wash it. There's no excuse for a person to get dirt on a car, unless they're careless or lazy.

No excuse? Hell the neighbors cars are a good 15-20 feet away from my work area. I'm not running over to their cars just to check and see if I got any dirt on them.

carcrz
07-10-2007, 04:45 PM
I just touch them up if I get some on there. It usually takes a second or two while I hit the street.

Vikings
07-10-2007, 05:13 PM
I try and not leave a mess on anyones driveway, it's a lot easier to do when You are mulching. Side discharge, when I did that for a couple weeks while waiting for my mulch kit, that can make a mess.

I catch flak for snow blowing though. But sometimes the wind is so strong what can you do. I ignore them but I still try to be careful.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
07-10-2007, 05:37 PM
I got a few that even complain about a little grass going thru the fence onto there grass when we trim the fences while line trimming,gimmie a break people its minimal. But we do blow off any clippings that WE CAUSE to get on neighbors cars or drivewaysother than that have a nice day and good bye.

bonerigo.1
07-10-2007, 05:47 PM
We blow off cars, windowsills, windows, corners of houses, whatever it takes. Grass goes everywhere when its dusty and people do complain. Usually its just part of our routine when we get back patios or areas of houses (brick) where its easier to blow against the house than the neighbors kids, porch, etc. We even had a neighbor give us hell cuz he washed his car while we were cutting. He complained and yelled so we gave him a free car wash from the local car wash. (Hopefully he felt bad about yelling)

Phaneuf
07-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Yeah, thats part of the job. In subs, with closer properties to one another, neighbors just come with the teritory. Did you try to get her as a client? That would take care of any fuss right? I wouldn't sweat that stuff though. There's plenty more worth sweating over than that. Or, maybe just get a big backpack that can blower a car off at 20ft!!:weightlifter:

bohiaa
07-10-2007, 05:59 PM
When I was a kid. " many years ago" my father would take me to work with him sometimes, they were building roads.
his company got dirt and mud on this guys car and he was PISSED....
alls I remember is that they "my father and his buddies" agreed to wash his car, they took it to the local car wash and burned rubber the entire way there and back....

lawnmaniac883
07-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Yeah, thats part of the job. In subs, with closer properties to one another, neighbors just come with the teritory. Did you try to get her as a client? That would take care of any fuss right? I wouldn't sweat that stuff though. There's plenty more worth sweating over than that. Or, maybe just get a big backpack that can blower a car off at 20ft!!:weightlifter:

Power aint a problem as I run a redmax8000, I guess it just bugs the hell out of me because this particular property next door isnt maintained well and there is a layer of sand over their driveway so I cant blow off any clippings that get on their drive without moving an inch of sand at the same time which would make a bigger mess than was there from my clippings. I always try to get all clippings that I make back onto the grass but it bugs me a little when they dont give a rip about their property/cars but expect me to.

tralfaz
07-10-2007, 11:58 PM
We blow off other people's drives that may have gotten grass on them. One time, this lady comes out and lets us have it for blowing stuff on her husband's recently detailed car. I said that I was sorry and that the helper shouldn't have thrown grass that way. I also offered to blow it off but she said no. Well, I look at where the neighbor's drive is and it is at least 40 feet away. It happened to be dry and apparently some dust made it that far. It made me mad because my helper was just doing his job and there was no way he or anybody else could have controlled the wind.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
07-10-2007, 11:58 PM
When I was a kid. " many years ago" my father would take me to work with him sometimes, they were building roads.
his company got dirt and mud on this guys car and he was PISSED....
alls I remember is that they "my father and his buddies" agreed to wash his car, they took it to the local car wash and burned rubber the entire way there and back....

Now thats what i call professional:nono:

themowerman
07-11-2007, 02:33 PM
I would be pizzed off too. If you make the mess then you clean it up...bottom line. I watched a landscaper one day finnish up a job and instead of using a blower or broom he ran his ZTR across the sidewalk to blow the grass of and sand blasted a few cars with the tiny stones and grit that was on the ground....then left thinking nothing of it. I am glad it wasn't my truck or I would have chased him down......