PDA

View Full Version : wb v ztr

lawnman456
07-10-2007, 11:28 AM
right now i have a 52 inch scag belt drive and my business is growing

i also have a velky and have some big lots to cut

will a 52 ztr improve the time it takes to cut?

thanks for the help

gavin478
07-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Yes, as the ztr goes faster than the scag, say 8-10mph instead of 6-8. also, the hydro drive system will immensely add to the speed at which you can weave around shrubs and across a lawn, as well as cutting turnaround time. You may even want to consider getting a hydro walk behind mower. If nothing else, go demo a ztr or hydro walk behind, you will IMMEDIATELY see how this will make it faster and easier to get work done.

Lawnut101
07-10-2007, 01:33 PM
I don't have much experience, but I'd say yes. They cut faster and better. If you can't afford a ZTR (sure you can) then at least a hydro walkbehind would be nice. A lot better than belt drive. Good luck.

IHusky
07-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Yes, but I would go with a 61" or bigger, you already have a 52". Go big:weightlifter: . I bought a 48" Ztr and wish I really would have gone 61" or bigger in hind sight.
Once you get a Ztr, you will say, "Why dint't I buy one of these sooner". You will be alot less tired. You will be amazed at how maneuverable Ztr's are. Again, go bigger than a 52". You already have a 52" wb, you need BIG. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

lawnman456
07-10-2007, 02:30 PM
i would get rid of my wb becasue i won't have enough space for both and i also have a 32 toro to fit into gates

i was thinking about buying a new 52 tiger cub because it fits into my price range or show i look for something used?

IHusky
07-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Look at productivity of wb vs Ztr:

http://www.scag.com/productivity.html

Get one and don't look back!!!

IHusky
07-10-2007, 02:38 PM
That is a real nice mower, you won't be dissipointed. I really wish I would have shelled out a couple of more $$$ and gone 61" wildcat. But, you won't be dissipointed with a Tiger cub....Great machine. will cut faster than your wb hands down!!!! Go big, get paid big. More productivity. Make sure you learn to do three point turns and go very easy on smaller lawns to avoid turf tare, you will get the hang of it. Practice on open field first until you are comfortable with Ztr.

lawnman456
07-12-2007, 09:14 PM
how much better is the wildcat compared to the cub cat?