PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on Centipede Lawn

grassmoker
07-10-2007, 04:45 PM
I had some grading work done in my backyard about a month ago. The grading work tore up my backyard. Yesterday, I just had my landscaper replace the damaged area with sod. My existing grass is much greener than the sod that was just laid. I think it's 'cause my chemical guy came out a few weeks ago and treated the old portion and put some iron on it. I know it will eventually blend, but is there anything I could do now to make it look more consistent? Should I put iron on the new sod or will that damage it? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
07-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Around here after laying sod we'll put down starter fert and thats usually it. I would think you could call and ask your chem guy and he could give you an answer.

grassmoker
07-11-2007, 08:58 AM
If I don't do anything other than water, how long will it take to match up with the rest of the lawn?

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
07-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Patch work will usually take 45-60 days till it matches & blends in with the rest of the yard.

grassmoker
07-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Patch work will usually take 45-60 days till it matches & blends in with the rest of the yard.

Thanks for your response. I'm looking forward to it.

Pro-Scapes
07-11-2007, 11:55 AM
If I don't do anything other than water, how long will it take to match up with the rest of the lawn?

This usually varies greatly.. We have seen some match within 30 days and others take up to 3 months. It will depend on alot of things such as how quickly the sod will root... how quickly it will take up nutrients ect.

After it roots in you may wish to add some ironite to it in order to green it up a bit. Dont over do it on any chemical ap tho.

grassmoker
07-18-2007, 10:15 AM
This usually varies greatly.. We have seen some match within 30 days and others take up to 3 months. It will depend on alot of things such as how quickly the sod will root... how quickly it will take up nutrients ect.

After it roots in you may wish to add some ironite to it in order to green it up a bit. Dont over do it on any chemical ap tho.

Thanks. It's starting to green up a little. Apparently, my chem guy said he put some fert in the dirt area where the sod was to be planted, so he said that we shouldn't do anything until the next time he's scheduled to come back out.

Another question.... can you over water new sod? I've done my best to keep it very moist, but I've noticed that when I have to walk across it every so often to move a sprinkler, I sink in a little (not a lot, but it's very spongy). Should I back off on the water a tad?