PDA

View Full Version : Where is the fuel gauge??

DVS Hardscaper
07-10-2007, 08:46 PM
On our skid loaders????

crab
07-10-2007, 08:52 PM
:laugh: its right next to ,oh my god what the hell is that thing marked diesel fuel only!damn this is so confusing.

Dirt Digger2
07-10-2007, 08:58 PM
:laugh: its right next to ,oh my god what the hell is that thing marked diesel fuel only!damn this is so confusing.

haha..you laugh...we had one guy, not the smartest thing put diesel fuel into the hydraulic oil filler tube...topped off the hydraulic system with diesel fuel, what a mess.

what type of skiloader you working with?...i know alot of our older CAT iron doesnt have a fuel gauge, you have to take the lid off and look down in there.

D Felix
07-10-2007, 09:51 PM
haha..you laugh...we had one guy, not the smartest thing put diesel fuel into the hydraulic oil filler tube...topped off the hydraulic system with diesel fuel, what a mess.
Let me guess... Bobcat, possibly a 753? Rest assured, he wasn't the first and probably wasn't and won't be the last!

A former boss of mine did that with the 753... In his defense though, it wasn't quite light enough that morning and he was in a hurry trying to get a jump on the day. Ended up costing around 2 hours for 3 of us to siphon out the hydraulic/diesel mixture and replace the fluid!

crab
07-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Deere,ran bobcats before,but i always go with the smell test first,[and that goes for lots of things]!

GreenMonster
07-10-2007, 09:54 PM
We recently had a guy put gasoline in the brand new SR-80. Of course it was on the day we had $1000/day worth of rental equipment sitting idle while we siphoned it out.

I was just starting to get over it when I said, "I thought you said you only put 1 gallon of gas in it?".... his response was "Yeah, then I filled it up with diesel":hammerhead:

I haven't screamed that loud in a long time.