PDA

View Full Version : Target or Targa Dry/Wet Saw

Tim Wright
07-10-2007, 10:19 PM
I have a friend who is selling a Target/or Targa wet/dry table saw. He said it is only for pavers and not for wall block.

Does anyone know anything about these saws? Are they decent machines? etc.

Thank you,

Tim

zedosix
07-10-2007, 11:26 PM
Its probably a 12" target saw, best for pavers and will cut up to 3.5" thick, so not so good for blocks. Is it gas or electric?

DVS Hardscaper
07-10-2007, 11:46 PM
Get a REAL saw.

Get an EDCO saw.

and depending on the advertising literature, check out the handsome guy running the saw :walking:

ChampionLS
07-11-2007, 03:21 AM
Target makes a tile saw and a paver saw. The tile saw has a much lighter duty table and tray. The paver saw (Mason Mite) is very heavy, and if you get the foot-feed accessory, you can use both hands to work the tray while using your foot to lower the blade into the work. Works great, but takes two people to move it. (unless you want to take it apart)

neversatisfiedj
07-11-2007, 08:30 AM
Target is now husquavarna

forestfireguy
07-11-2007, 10:37 AM
We have a target saw and for the most part it is great for pavers, only complaint is the rip cord, always seems to break prematurely and at the worst poissible time.....We occasionally use it for wall cap, but only certain ones as if they are too long.....no good

mrusk
07-11-2007, 07:02 PM
I have a target gas job. We ONLY use it for bullnose.

Forestfire you never called me back last week!

ChampionLS
07-11-2007, 10:30 PM
We have a target saw and for the most part it is great for pavers, only complaint is the rip cord, always seems to break prematurely and at the worst possible time.....We occasionally use it for wall cap, but only certain ones as if they are too long.....no good

There's different grade nylon cord available. You might be using the next smaller grade. Try blowing,or washing the starter cord off periodically to remove abrasive fines.

zedosix
07-11-2007, 11:00 PM
I need to buy a saw tomorrow, my target has seen better days. I would like to see an edco saw, but none in the area. I guess its another target.