PDA

View Full Version : cops called on me...???

APV's Mowing
07-10-2007, 09:25 PM
ok so yesterday i was mowing one of my lawns and was the first time we have met this summer and they owed me like $200 because they were out of town, and so we talked for about 10 min.s she said i could come and get the check when i was done so after i was done i go to the door and get the check and there are paintings on the floor and stuff, i commented on how good they were and she told me about how they were her friends who was staying with them, "world famous"...anyway i leave and go home take a shower and im out side talking to my mom when the cops show up and start asking me questions about paintings and stuff, supposedly somebody stole one of their paintings and they think it was me?!?!?! after i give her a sheet of paper with my name, phone #, address, etc. etc., the cop knew it wasnt me and just left basically, so i guess im just wondering should i drop her, i tried calling lastnight but no answer...i dn wtf im going to do, i mow their neighbors, and backdoor neighbors if i lose all 3 of those im funcked!

MOturkey
07-10-2007, 09:36 PM
I wouldn't overreact. Yet. Could be that the cops simply asked for a list of everyone who had been on the property, in the house, etc, and you were on it. Just the process of eliminating suspects.

If it were me, I wouldn't even try to contact her. I'd just show up and mow like usual. If she actually thought you were the culprit, I suspect you'd be getting the phone call, from her, cancelling service.

Darrin A.
07-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Keep mowing, the next time you talk to her, ask if they found the person who stole the painting. What probably happened was that the cops asked them if ANYONE knew about or mentioned the paintings recently. They then checked EVERYONE on that list out. You said "after i give her a sheet of paper with my name, phone #, address, etc. etc., the cop knew it wasnt me and just left", the customer probably told them they didn't think it was you.

APV's Mowing
07-10-2007, 09:39 PM
ya i dn i called last night no answer and i just go a message on my cell phone from her all pissy like hi this is blah blah its very importent call me back as soon as possible, and i just called the # she gave me 2 times and no answer, and no answering machine set up on her cell or home phone...i dn

APV's Mowing
07-10-2007, 09:40 PM
o ya and if i did do it, i would steal all of the paintings not just one

lawnman_scott
07-10-2007, 10:02 PM
If you keep this one, what wont you put up with? Sorry if this is rude, but things like this are why people want us to be their "female dog". Do you have any minimal amount of dignity or respect for yourself? I would go over and tell her to...................

sheshovel
07-10-2007, 10:52 PM
o ya and if i did do it, i would steal all of the paintings not just one

Yeah well don't say that to anyone else.

sildoc
07-10-2007, 11:33 PM
It is routine for the police to get a list of all people that know or deal with the person. I have been questioned several times due to a break in or vandalism of one of my customers houses. The know it isn't me but they have to check up on all leads. I have yet to have a customer cancel due to this. I have called in several myself on my snow birds that have broken windows. I call it part of the service and they appreciate it.
No need to worry until she cancels. Take it with a grain of salt.

APV's Mowing
07-11-2007, 12:55 AM
i just talked to her tonight she said that she wanted the cops to ask me if i had seen anything or had seen the painting when she showed me the others...but they had found it, i was just like ok then ill see you next week then said by...i mean i understand why she would suspect me and all, but w/e its over now

delphied
07-11-2007, 09:02 AM
The cops prolly asked all the peeps she had at the house lately and you were one of them. That wouldnt bother me much.

weeble67
07-11-2007, 09:36 AM
See you were going to drop her. Cops were just checking all leads. Being a cop I can tell you I would have called you first. You are there often and you could have seen something. Remember, don't sweat the small stuff.

bohiaa
07-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Keep mowing, the next time you talk to her, ask if they found the person who stole the painting. What probably happened was that the cops asked them if ANYONE knew about or mentioned the paintings recently. They then checked EVERYONE on that list out. You said "after i give her a sheet of paper with my name, phone #, address, etc. etc., the cop knew it wasnt me and just left", the customer probably told them they didn't think it was you.

Agree,,,,:clapping:

ohanyan1
07-11-2007, 11:04 AM
ok so yesterday i was mowing one of my lawns and was the first time we have met this summer and they owed me like $200 because they were out of town, and so we talked for about 10 min.s she said i could come and get the check when i was done so after i was done i go to the door and get the check and there are paintings on the floor and stuff, i commented on how good they were and she told me about how they were her friends who was staying with them, "world famous"...anyway i leave and go home take a shower and im out side talking to my mom when the cops show up and start asking me questions about paintings and stuff, supposedly somebody stole one of their paintings and they think it was me?!?!?! after i give her a sheet of paper with my name, phone #, address, etc. etc., the cop knew it wasnt me and just left basically, so i guess im just wondering should i drop her, i tried calling lastnight but no answer...i dn wtf im going to do, i mow their neighbors, and backdoor neighbors if i lose all 3 of those im funcked!

Longest sentence ever!

APV's Mowing
07-11-2007, 06:57 PM
ya i know that was a long one...but anyway it is over and she found it like the next day haha i dn

lifetree
07-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Yeah well don't say that to anyone else.

It's too late, he's already said it in a public forum !!

APV's Mowing
07-15-2007, 05:28 PM
...ya i just got a $10 tip from them today while i was mowing for them and they said sorry and thats the end of it now. so i guess it worked out better then i thought