PDA

View Full Version : a short rant...

Earth Works
07-10-2007, 10:59 PM
I have to get this off my chest. I just picked up these are new lawns, $500K + homes, and they did not grade these neatly and left crap really lumpy and just threw sod on top and I have to mow at least 3 inches sometimes 4, and I have to mow slow to prevent scalping. Oh. and this is bermudagrass!!

anyone else have "the lumps"?

do these people realize that we get the ****** from them not doing it right?

ok, im done venting.

SpruceLandscape
07-11-2007, 12:44 AM
A better question is do they really care... probably not.

pjslawncare/landscap
07-11-2007, 01:06 AM
I have some like this. Youll be going along, bouncing over crap grade job then one wheel drops in a hole and dirt flies out the chute. People thing u do a bad job because thats all they see. I do landscaping and installed many a yard and have picked up several lawn redoes after talking with the owners, but the vast majority dont really care or want to spend more $$.

1MajorTom
07-11-2007, 01:09 AM
I have some like this. Youll be going along, bouncing over crap grade job then one wheel drops in a hole and dirt flies out the chute. People thing u do a bad job because thats all they see. I do landscaping and installed many a yard and have picked up several lawn redoes after talking with the owners, but the vast majority dont really care or want to spend more $$.
I agree with this statement. The new housing plans around here, the landscaping sucks. It's like they run out of money, and the LAST thing they are thinking about is their grass, beds and shrubbery.

Uranus
07-11-2007, 01:33 AM
Same her Jodi. Landscaping is the last thing to get done. Usually after the closing. As long as the yard is not mud they are happy for the first year. Usually after a year the landscapes get put in.

EW- any way to roll the lawns. Water them till they are almost mud and pull a heavy roller over it. Fill in any holes with loam and reseed spots.