PDA

View Full Version : Walker Model S

KS_Grasscutter
07-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Is the 13hp Kawi on the model S Walker enough for a 42" GHS deck? Or should I go for a model C? Also, can you get the slide in bins for the 6.7 catcher, or only the 9.0 catcher? I am hoping to get one bought here pretty soon if I can get one cheap enough. Either going new or slightly used. Also, if anyone wants a 50 inch Dixon, send me a PM.

pclawncare
07-10-2007, 11:55 PM
Hey man hope i can help you out a little. for one i do not believe you can get the bins for the 6.7 catcher if you can i have never seen them but go to wal mart and get the blue rubber maid bins they fit perfect under the rear bumper wheels and just wide enough the 50gallon storage containers will hold basicly half of the hopper alot of guys dump on a tarp but that has not worked for me. I do not believe there is enough space in the bin to fit them in its just too compact. I have a 99 mc 16hp and i am currently running a 36" ghs deck and it is awsome i can mow really tall grass well even wet much better than my mt 20 running my 48in deck. If you have any bermuda that gets tall in the spring and fall to run a 42" deck i would really say you should get a 18hp that will be plenty of power for cutting about anything if there is one thing i hate it is an underpowered machine that i have to slow down for i am kicking my self for settling for a 20hp insted of going for the 26 but i got a good deal on last yr model so anyway i use to have a 42in deck and the 16hp turned it well but did bog a little in heavy wet grass. You can not find the 16 with low hours nor do you want one if you do find it. that engine is bad and i am babyin my along right now untill it blows up and i will convert to a 18 but walker changed this year to the 20hp in the mc i believe you cant get the 18 anymore but you should be able to find a reasonable used one thats a yr or two old. Personaly i wouldnt settle for a 13 hp to turn a 42in deck but it is your call. Kawi make a great motor but i am telling you when you have to get off the mower flip up the deck and stick your arm under the deck up the chute to un plug it when its 105degrees out side you will be kicking your self i know i am with my mt. Hope i helped you out if you got any other questions you can pm me or what ever have been running walkers for about 4 yr now

KS_Grasscutter
07-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Ok, thanks. Will definitely go for a MCGHS. I was kinda hoping to get a new one, but there is NO way I could justify that (haha, like I can justify ANY of my purchases...oh well...thats a whole 'nother story). I bet I could find a dang nice couple year old one in my price range.

The only thing holding me back from getting that NEW Exmark Navigator for $7800 is the lack of ANY options.

If you don't mind me askin, what did you have to give for your new MT?

As for the rubber bins, thats probably what I will do. Thats how a friend of mine does it with his 36" and that works pretty good.

pclawncare
07-11-2007, 12:23 AM
13900 out the door i had deck lift highth adjuster hd gear boxes comfort seat light kit tail wheel lock and high lift. Pretty much every option you can get. I hear you on the navigator the one thing that held me back was the dealer here is not so great for exmark but the walker dealer is excelent. He will give you a loner if you break down and you bought it from him asolutely great service never had a mower down longer than 24 hours he stocks basicly a complete machine. Anyway i know i could have bought the same machine for less in OKC but like i said i would pay 500 or 1000 over the life of the machine to the awsome service this dealer gives me. BTW this same dealer sent one of his mechanic helpers out to help me get my grasshopper that i bought from him out of a ditch when i was by my self and got it stuck at no charge. I would say a mc would suit what you have described well. I would like to replace my mc with an 18 before low hour ones become hard to find but that is not happening this year. i believe i have enough tax write offs as it is

pclawncare
07-11-2007, 12:25 AM
Good luck just be patient. Do you have any idea what they are asking for the new mc? I do know the new mc's have the larger blower which i think would have crazy suction on a 42" deck

KS_Grasscutter
07-11-2007, 12:32 AM
Good luck just be patient. Do you have any idea what they are asking for the new mc? I do know the new mc's have the larger blower which i think would have crazy suction on a 42" deck

I am going to a couple dealers tomorrow to see about some prices. Got one dealer about 10 miles away, then 2 in Wichita 45 miles away. Probably hit all of them. I cant afford any options right now, but in the future will get the height adjuster, high dump, sus. seat, curb jumper ramp, lights, and speed-up kit.

pclawncare
07-11-2007, 12:41 AM
Bad news you cant get a speed up for the mc any more is what my dealer told me i believe you can for the mt though. Get the comfort seat it is worth the extra money if you can aford it over the basic seat the sus seat is like 800 i did not spring for that the comfort is like 200 i think. You can not get a high lift on anything other than an mt anymore. You might be able to find an old mc with one but it will be an all season and parts are hard to find for them. Lights are very nice when yards take a little longer than you thought and it gets dark on you not that much if i remember right i think around 80 buck maybe 100. Height adjuster is the first thing i would get it is 100 times better than pulling the pins although a little pricy i think around 300 plus install. I would let the dealer take care of install i think around 70 bucks but looks like a pita to me i have one on both my walkers. Curb hopper is ok but i dont use mine much they are like 115 bucks but my manual deck lift i use alot for jumping curbs and works great for pickin up leaves it raises the front of the deck and forces the leaves up into the blades works great and i think it was only around 150. I just decided that if i was going to spend that kind of money i was going to get exactly what i wanted with all the bells and whistles and not be too tight.