07-10-2007, 11:38 PM
This is for everyone in denial about Walker mowers

http://www.freewebs.com/manicured/photos.htm

TNT LawnCare Inc.
07-10-2007, 11:56 PM
Nice neighborhood too.

KS_Grasscutter
07-11-2007, 12:19 AM
Look really great. Of course you had to post this RIGHT NOW, while I am sitting here thinking about how bad I want a Walker:laugh: :laugh:

SpruceLandscape
07-11-2007, 12:24 AM
looking good. How long ago where those pics taken? I could show you some pics of our walker's stripes, but they are from about 4 weeks ago in what was left of some browned out grass since it hasn't rained here since May.:cry:

MANICURED LAWNS
07-11-2007, 12:24 AM
haha if you have nice yards and somewhere to dump clippings go for it....bought mine last july best money making piece of equipment I have. I went with the 31 hp Liquid cooled fuel injection model...lil overkill but oh well. Trying to keep it all irrigated lawns I hate dust my company name weeds out the junk yards. Highly recommend Walker go for it.

MANICURED LAWNS
07-11-2007, 12:27 AM
Most of them were from May I believe, grass is much greener now...no rain but lots of water and lawn treatments every month or so....ill post more pics on the site next week

Quiky One
07-11-2007, 12:40 AM
Is the walker hard to learn? I would think it would be with the lever for speed and then the levers for turning.

pclawncare
07-11-2007, 12:44 AM
Quiky it is like anything else it takes some practice of using the speed control and using the middle sticks you can also regulate the forward or backward speed. Just some practice. Manicured i just bought a mt and now i wish i would have gone with the 26 efi or the 31 even. If you dont mind me asking but do you remember how much more the 31hp option cost. The extra hp would be realy nice. I like mine now though so i will keep it i was just curious how much extra the 31hp was

MANICURED LAWNS
07-11-2007, 03:22 PM
umm not sure how much the 31 hp option was...paid $14,500 with comfort seat so....the new 31 hp model comes with the new suspension seat and a 52" GHS option if 4" matters that much to you dealer told me it was the same price I paid...in my opinion the 26 hp would be a smarter move because someday this thing will need to be worked on a being fuel injected thats gonna suck

MANICURED LAWNS
07-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Takes about an hour to get comfortable on it...I took it to my best yard the day i got it.....after using a Toro 62" on it previously....i had to look like an idiot out there.....the hyros are 10 times more accurate/precise then larger Z's it does what you want when you tell it to....sucks when you're learning with it trying to get the hang of it lol....ended up finishing with the toro then took the walker home and learned now its unbeatable it cuts manicured lawns like a dream...I cut a irrigated law office this morning, the one on my site and the sprinklers were still on when I got there (power outtage last night timer reset) and it didnt damage the turf at all and it was soaked. Hands down the best mower for irrigated lawns.

Quiky One
07-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Where can I find prices on Walker mowers?

MANICURED LAWNS
07-11-2007, 06:05 PM
model B side discharge 48" 18 hp $5300
model B side discharge 56" 18 hp $5900
model T $9500-14500 25, 26, 31 hp
thats all I know off thhe top of my head.
go to a dealer and act like ur rich thats what I do lol Bob Walker was actually at my dealer a few weeks ago because they sell alot of Walkers. They're high priced mowers but it IS for good reason.

Quiky One
07-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Thanks. Is Model T the most $? I assume the diesel would be more but am I wrong?

pclawncare
07-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Manicured the 26 is EFI also but it is not liquid cooled like the 31 I would like to get my hands on a 52 in deck though how are they bagging? I herd they released a limited amount to field test them

MANICURED LAWNS
07-11-2007, 09:13 PM
no clue how theyre cutting with the 52....diesel is around $14-15000 that new super B looks awesome....but scary to maintain walker with a 60" deck really cant perform like a larger z on say a 10 acre field or large open complex

pclawncare
07-12-2007, 12:09 AM
I just saw the pictures of the new super b and the deck does look significantly beefier than old designs the only thing i think would suck about going 10 mph on that machine is what it is going to be like when that rear wheel falls in a hole or dip its gona dang near flip over your head especialy with no weight from the grass hopper back there or grass might be a little rough ride

MANICURED LAWNS
07-12-2007, 12:29 AM
not just the back tire a Walker is far more sensitive then a large Z at 10 mph a hard turn will probably throw someone off...not to mention stripping with it will be hard at 10. The belt system looks like a nightmare deck, engine/drive all of it.

Envy Lawn Service
07-12-2007, 12:32 AM
This is for everyone in denial about Walker mowers

http://www.freewebs.com/manicured/photos.htm

I don't usually get into the converstation...

And I don't mean to sound rude...

But I am still really un-impressed with Walker's finished cut appearance.

KTO Enterprises
07-12-2007, 12:36 AM
I think they are best on St. Augustine and Centipede. Other turfs dont seem to be as loving to a walker mower.

MANICURED LAWNS
07-12-2007, 12:41 AM
everyone is entitled to their own opinion...if everyone had a walker then I wouldn't look so good...but then again there wouldnt be low ballers:) if they had to pay for a walker

pclawncare
07-12-2007, 12:49 AM
You can say that again. Nothing cuts like a walker on bermuda.

Envy Lawn Service
07-12-2007, 12:54 AM
everyone is entitled to their own opinion...if everyone had a walker then I wouldn't look so good...but then again there wouldnt be low ballers:) if they had to pay for a walker

Here's what surprises me...

You DON'T think your Toro leaves a better finished appearance in regular growth that doesn't need bagging?

SpruceLandscape
07-12-2007, 12:59 AM
For approx. 80% of my lawns, the Walker is the best machine, hands down. When I say that, I'm looking at all aspects of a commercial mower: Speed, cut quality, stripping ability, ease of use, versatility, maintenance. There are a lot of mowers out there that are good machines because they are really good at one or two of the above aspects, but IMO the Walker is the best mix of all of them. Being able to use this machine for aerating, bed edging, and leaf cleanu-ups is making me a crap load more money than any other mower would. I know there will be a lot of people who disagree, but once you've owned one (or at least used one for an extensive period) you will be a believer. Yes, they are pricey, but to be honest, I know plenty of LCO's in my area who are established with 200+ accounts that buy nothing except 2-3 year old Walker mowers with 1500-2000 hours on them because they have that much confidence in them. You can find a low hour MTGHS with a 26 EFI for around $5-6K. That being said, I myself am looking for another mower with a larger deck for some bigger commercial stuff that will be designated as such. Therefore I'm leaning away from the Walker and am very much considering going for one of these Bad Boy Mowers AOS with the suspension and 70" deck. For residentials though.... Its Walker all the way!

MANICURED LAWNS
07-12-2007, 01:05 AM
Walker is for high end residential...irrigation, lawn treatments, sod the toro is for junk people who dont care type yards....I can cut those yards with the walker but I cant cut the irrigated NICE yards with the toro...if the toro were to die on me I'd be fine it the Walker quits Im screwed.