PDA

View Full Version : Rain switches on Irrigation systems

Bmars
08-30-2001, 06:11 AM
What are the requirements for rain switches on irrigation Systems in Texas. Public water or well water. I know you have to pay a permit fee on wells to the tnrcc. I would think from a conservation standpoint it would make sense to require it on public and or well water

Bmars
08-31-2001, 09:10 AM
I see people have looked in But I have not recieved any answers is there not any Texas Irrigators dialed in here . If they are here in Texas this week they are'nt Irrigating It has rained all week and more to come.

carltip
09-01-2001, 05:09 PM
We have been doing irrigation work in the Houston area for about 3 years and I have never seen a city or municipality that requires them. We, none the less, put one on every system that we install. I would hope other irrigations would do the same. There is nothing worse than watching a system run in the rain for lack of a $20 rain switch.

LiquidLand
09-06-2001, 08:31 PM
A requirement for new install permitting in Tampa, Fl.-personal opinion-a waste of time-most homeowners run it anyway, and it only seems to prevent watering on scheduled days-go figure!:cool: