PDA

View Full Version : Forget Mowing It, I Weed Whacked a MASSIVE Pile of Dog ****

windsory
07-11-2007, 01:54 AM
Today I was finishing up trimming at one of my lawns and next to a telephone pole there was a large bare spot of grass and dirt. A few weeds were sprouting up so i just to the trimmer and cut them down. Well, what looked like a clump of dirt or mud was actually a massive (and fresh) pile of dog feces. As the trimmer head slid across the surface of the "mud," dung was flung across the area splatting against my face and browning-up my white t-shirt. At this point, I had yet to realize the composition of the brown matter. Speculating, I knelt down and took a whiff. My jaw dropped and I had no idea of what to do. After a moment of pondering, I continued trimming as if it didn't happen and didn't even stop home to get a change of clothes.

Now, after this incident, I do not want to see ANYONE trimming without safety glasses on. :nono:

pclawncare
07-11-2007, 02:06 AM
Ahhh yes i have had one of those wonderful days well a couple. Not much you can do wipe it off say a few words under your breath and go on. It does suck very much though

TNT LawnCare Inc.
07-11-2007, 03:28 PM
And thats why we carry extra t-shirts and rags in the truck :laugh: Nothing like hitting a fresh pile :cry:

P.Services
07-11-2007, 03:58 PM
it would have been alot worse if it flew in your mouth. ive done it twice this season not fun

Pitbull05
07-11-2007, 04:13 PM
I am just glad to know that I am not the only on that this has happened to.

Chilehead
07-11-2007, 05:16 PM
One time I was mowing and did not see the doggy bomb in the yard. It was right next to the house. It was wet and runny. It made a nice brown vapor cloud as my mower sprayed it all over the house. A nice gust of wind blew the rest of it all over me. Man......I reeked to high heaven(and hell) so bad, I was afraid to get in my truck.

lawnmaniac883
07-11-2007, 05:21 PM
It sucks, has only happened to me once and it really really sucks.

cpel2004
07-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Some guy on another thread said it wasnt that bad. Well I guess I'll ask you is it? ?

jsf343
07-11-2007, 07:36 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: oh my... this thread is funny. Hello, my name is Jeff I too am a victim of being hit with duke.:laugh: Yes, in the face and the same situation. Not pleasent I can tell you that. Always good to carry a small package of baby wipes in case of duke.

lifetree
07-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Today I was finishing up trimming at one of my lawns and next to a telephone pole there was a large bare spot of grass and dirt. A few weeds were sprouting up so i just to the trimmer and cut them down. Well, what looked like a clump of dirt or mud was actually a massive (and fresh) pile of dog feces.

Now, after this incident, I do not want to see ANYONE trimming without safety glasses on. :nono:

We all live and learn the hard way !!

Americal Vet
07-11-2007, 10:08 PM
OMG... And here I sat with a fresh brownie and a cup of coffee! Think I'll just drink the coffee.

MOturkey
07-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Reminds me of the two guys walking through the park when one suddenly stopped, pointed to the ground immediately in front of them, and said, "That looks like dog crap!"

Other guy squats down and sticks his finger in it, then holds it under his nose. "Smells like dog crap, too!"

First guy squats down, sticks his finger in it, and then licks his finger. "Tastes just like dog crap, too!"

Other guy replies, "It is dog crap! Man, am I glad we didn't step in it!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

KTO Enterprises
07-11-2007, 10:31 PM
2 guys walk into a bar.

you think the second one would have ducked