PDA

View Full Version : Side hill mowing w/ Quick 36 and/or 44? Single Hydro . . ?

Exact Rototilling
07-11-2007, 02:17 AM
How steep of a side hill can one mow with a Quick 36 and/or 44 and keep a relatively straight run? Can you do this with the steep saver? Also how much of an incline or downhill can you safely and realistically mow? And while we are at it what about scalping in the crowned areas of some swells? I figure the Q 36 would be better than the Q 44 in this department.

Any input appreciated!

cgaengineer
07-11-2007, 08:10 AM
First let me start off by saying lots of people swear by the Quick 36 and that what I say is just my opinion.

After trying a Ferris HydroCut based on same operation as the Quick 36/44 and then trying and purchasing a dual hydro...its really no comparison. The dual hydro is so much easier to operate on a sideslope...the difference is night and day.

wildweasel7648
07-11-2007, 11:05 AM
I have a quick 36 and mow one property with about a 30 deg. slope. On a second property I have has an even steeper ditch I get. The mower has no problem keeping a good line if you take your time. Going straight up and down is not a problem either. Just be careful and take your time! I do not own a step saver, the quick is my trim mower mostly, :nono: :nono: but I would not recomend using it on a severe slope.

ed2hess
07-11-2007, 07:01 PM
First let me start off by saying lots of people swear by the Quick 36 and that what I say is just my opinion.

After trying a Ferris HydroCut based on same operation as the Quick 36/44 and then trying and purchasing a dual hydro...its really no comparison. The dual hydro is so much easier to operate on a sideslope...the difference is night and day.

I agree totally.....no problem up and down a hill but sideway, well you need to bring along the muscles on any single hydro.