PDA

View Full Version : Yazoo Keys

dbankspc
07-11-2007, 09:31 AM
I've got a chance to buy a Yazoo Keys ZTR for a pretty good price. It sounds like a good deal. It is a 2003 model ZTMax 52" with a 25 hp. Kohler. A little over 500 hrs. I've found a dealer close by that stocks parts. Everything looks pretty good, but I don't know anything about Yazoo Keys. Do you guys have any input on the brand?

HS Football Rules
07-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Looking for dealer recommendations...best service..best prices...bad service stories...etc...

I'm in Ft worth..but will drive to Dallas if that's where the best dealer is.

Thanks

oops wrong thread ... sorry:hammerhead:

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
07-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Yazoo=Husqvarna=Stay Away. Other mowers are built much better. What are they asking?

dbankspc
07-11-2007, 10:14 AM
They are asking 3400.00. Thans for the reply, like I said, I know nothing about these mowers

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
07-11-2007, 12:37 PM
I sold a husky 52/23kohler for $3,100 w/ 280 hours. I just wasn't all that impressed with the cut, but they have recently re-designed the deck but they are still to pricey for the quality in my opinion.

T Total Lawncare
07-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Yazoo=Husqvarna=Stay Away. Other mowers are built much better. What are they asking?

As compared to what MTD I mean Cub Cadet? Yeah Right!:confused: I got a Husky 61 inch with a 27 Kohler and it is built as well as any commercial mower out there, and cuts very well. Mine has the tunnel ram deck. Never cut with the old one though. I do know yazoo uses the Husky deck pre-tunnel ram. I gotta friend that has a yazoo/keys 52 inch with a 25 kawi and has been using it for several years, never complained about it once, He loves his.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
07-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Maybe your friend never complained b/c thats all he knows. Thats how I was, but since using gravely and cub there is a world of difference. You need to use a tank to really see the cut quality. It has to be one of, if not the best cut around. I've seen the newer husky models in action and while they do cut alot better then the older one's it still doesn't compare to the top brands. Good thing for husky though is they finally started to put decent size engines on there mowers.

T Total Lawncare
07-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Well i can't say i know anything about the cut on a cub. I worked at a resort for a few summers as a lifeguard and they bought a Tank kept it for 2 years and traded for a JD. There is a cub dealer about 25 miles up the road that also sells exmark. I see plenty of exmarks around but have yet to see a cub on a trailer or in action. I looked at possibly getting a tank before i bought the husky. I looked at the brochure and was scared of all that rigging that the deck attaches to. Looks a little too complicated. The pivoting casters looks like something that that would eventually go arye. Must be 500 grease points on the thing. Just too many little gimmicks for me. But as far as pricing go i went with husky because it was 1500 to 2000 less than other brands i looked at including exmark, scag and JD, and was about 900 cheaper than the cub tank. I would pay that for a cub but not for a MTD with cub stickers on it. So i wouldnt say they are too pricey. A 5 year warranty which was better than any brand. Just didn't think i could go wrong with that. The cut is smooth like any other brand as long as the blades are somewhat sharp. The one thing i do like about the cub is it comes with a striper. But it looked like it was bolted on at the connection to the deck instead of welded which I dont like. As for gravely, never seen one.

T Total Lawncare
07-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Maybe your friend never complained b/c thats all he knows. Thats how I was, but since using gravely and cub there is a world of difference. You need to use a tank to really see the cut quality. It has to be one of, if not the best cut around. I've seen the newer husky models in action and while they do cut alot better then the older one's it still doesn't compare to the top brands. Good thing for husky though is they finally started to put decent size engines on there mowers.

Don't get me wrong I'm not vain enough to claim that Husky is the best or even a top brand. But there isn't anything wrong with them. I wouldnt even say Cub is in the 5 top selling brands either. It's funny how everyone thinks there stuff is the best.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
07-11-2007, 09:03 PM
I agree. There's a few things I don't like about the cub, mainly is it's a little slow but I only use it on my finer yards that I mulch. The Gravely is a great mower. It is one of the beefiest mowers I've ever seen, it actually makes the tank look small. Hydro deck lift is sweet.There newer mowers are much better then there older ones that had several problems.

thesargent
07-11-2007, 09:52 PM
i gotta agree with you T Total Lawn Care, ive got a new husqvarna walk behind. its my first large walk behind. but ive seen many others. it has to be built just as good and better than some other commercial brands. this thing is solid. and the cut is very, very smooth. ive posted pictures of its stripes in other threads. its got the same 15 horse kawasaki engine every one else uses. it will last a long time, im sure of it. but maybe their ZTRs arent built the same. someone please tell me what is not good on these mowers.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
07-11-2007, 10:13 PM
I've seen your pics and I'll admit the stripes look impressive. How do you like the hand controls? They look like a generic verision of prosteers, and I've heard others say they were difficult to use. Not trying to say there newer ZTR's aren't good, but there are several other brands that are better built (bigger pumps, stronger pto's, more engine options, etc.). The warranty does seem good but you won't know how good it is til you have a problem. Others are faster and ride alot better (wheel hop use to be a pain in the a$$). Every mower has its flaws and it really boils down to whats available to you, and what you feel suits your needs best. I'll admit if I had a husky commercial dealer here I would like to demo that walkbehind.

thesargent
07-11-2007, 10:51 PM
the controls are easy to use, but again its the only thing ive used. exmark ecs controls have always looked comfortable to me though. but so far i like the controls.

T Total Lawncare
07-11-2007, 11:04 PM
I do wish that the majority of the husky ztr came with the 12cc pumps instead of the 10 cc. Right now they only come on the xp's. However how much of a difference is the 12cc. Mine pulls big hills fine with the 10 and will scuff the ground if you turn to hard. The bigger the pump the more that happens in my experience. Mine has got the 200lb pto which is pretty common in most ztr's throughout my research. I want to talk to someone who has tried one of the Husqvarna BZ's. The 34 horse turbo diesel. Its got a 300 lb pto and 21cc pumps. I know that thing has got to be a warhorse.

Envy Lawn Service
07-11-2007, 11:13 PM
These Yazoo/Husqvarna mowers are garbage.

If you don't know that now, be patient... you'll find it out for yourself.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
07-11-2007, 11:15 PM
I would just like to see a turbo diesel ZTR. I had no idea husky was only using 10cc pumps. My Gravely is 21cc and it will move too. I actually had more of a problem tearing turf with the husky. Pto is rated at 250lbs, and something that might not seem like a big deal is it also holds 14 gallons of gas.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
07-11-2007, 11:16 PM
I knew Envy would be on here before long. LOL. So Envy hows business?

Envy Lawn Service
07-11-2007, 11:24 PM
I haven't been able to see how business is for a while now.

My eyes stay full of dust and chaff... so yes, it's been dry.

T Total Lawncare
07-11-2007, 11:25 PM
These Yazoo/Husqvarna mowers are garbage.

If you don't know that now, be patient... you'll find it out for yourself.

Ahh another MTD man.

Envy Lawn Service
07-11-2007, 11:37 PM
Ahh another MTD man.

Yep... if you want to put it that way (MTD doesn't build them)...

And also another EX owner of the Yazoo/Husqvarna crap.

The machines and the MFG service/support are like polar opposites.

I'll never look back....

T Total Lawncare
07-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Unlike most people on the site i don't have any manicured lawns. Here in my area its mostly huge yards with bahai and assorted trash grass. The stuff is not the best to cut. It gets big and thick, especially with all the rain we've been getting. There on two week rotations so you know it's not cakewalk cutting. You could have rolled hay on one i cut last Friday. The husky makes messes into masterpieces. I got plenty of speed and about the only thing that has made it bog down is a ant bed about the size of a Volkswagen and a tree root that potruded up about 5 inches out of the ground. My mower has dreams:sleeping: about bermuda and st.augustine but no such luck.

T Total Lawncare
07-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Yep... if you want to put it that way (MTD doesn't build them)...

And also another EX owner of the Yazoo/Husqvarna crap.

The machines and the MFG service/support are like polar opposites.

I'll never look back....

Its just a green cub isn't it? and MTD:nono: has never owned the husqvarna group. They might have sub'd out some of their home depot home owner mowers to them, but thats about it.

Envy Lawn Service
07-11-2007, 11:59 PM
Its just a green cub isn't it? and MTD:nono: has never owned the husqvarna group. They might have sub'd out some of their home depot home owner mowers to them, but thats about it.

Yeah, the Ztwo is the same as the tank except the panel colors.

What I was referring to is that MTD builds neither machine.
Neither does Cub Cadet or Lesco.

They are built by Commercial Turf Products in Streetsboro Ohio.

T Total Lawncare
07-12-2007, 12:09 AM
Yeah, the Ztwo is the same as the tank except the panel colors.

What I was referring to is that MTD builds neither machine.
Neither does Cub Cadet or Lesco.

They are built by Commercial Turf Products in Streetsboro Ohio.
"Ex oner of the hushy krap"
Oh i see what you are saying now i thought you were saying mtd owned husqvarna at one time. Never seen the lesco version though. What husky did you have?

T Total Lawncare
07-12-2007, 12:22 AM
I would just like to see a turbo diesel ZTR. I had no idea husky was only using 10cc pumps. My Gravely is 21cc and it will move too. I actually had more of a problem tearing turf with the husky. Pto is rated at 250lbs, and something that might not seem like a big deal is it also holds 14 gallons of gas.

Just looked at the Gravely web site that is a pretty good looking mower. Thats the High end model you got though right? I seen some on there with the 12cc pumps. I also saw the ones with the 21cc. How much did yours run you?

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
07-12-2007, 12:26 AM
$8,000, list for $9,400

Envy Lawn Service
07-12-2007, 12:30 AM
No... I was just saying what I was because it seems when someone sees Cub now they consider it an MTD... but MTD doesn't build them, nor does Cub.

Both the Cub Tank and the Lesco Ztwo are build by Commercial Turf Products.

Anyways, as for the Husqvarna's... Electrolux bought Husqvarna, which is why you see AYP stuff with the Husqvarna name on it. Anyways, at that time Electrolux had an idea about being a on-stop-shop. They wanted people to be able to buy anything in the way of outdoor power equipment. So Electrolux also bought Yazoo/Kees for commercial mowers, bluebird for other items, etc.

Up until the introduction of the Tunnel Ram deck, the two were all but identical except the color scheme. Anyways, I've had at least one of all of them. Mini, Intermediate and Large frame. None of the big diesels though, but do know some who had those too and also gave up on keeping them already too.

T Total Lawncare
07-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Well like i have said countless times before the only people i hear bad mouth husky is people who hate huge monopolies. Never equipment owners. I'll be dang if i had owned a husky that was krap would i buy 2 more. But like you say I'll see. Saw a older man at a gas station with a older husky(04 I Think), and i approached him and asked him about his before i purchased. He cuts HUD's all over the state.(and that is some rough cutting) The mower looked worn out and I asked him did he like it. He said yep, only thing he had replaced was belts, blades on it. He said the hour meter stopped working at 1200hrs and that was last year and was fixing to buy another husky next year. Just one of several similar stories i've heard about them.

T Total Lawncare
07-12-2007, 01:02 AM
$8,000, list for $9,400

That price is not bad for a high end mower. Looked like some good stuff.

JimQ
07-12-2007, 09:19 AM
That vintage YK does not have much in common with the current Husqvarna/YK's. It was developed shortly after Husqvarna's '99 acquisition of Yazoo Kees. At this time, they needed to quickly establish their product line. Look close, it looks a lot like an early eXmark.

The '03 ZTMax is a heck of a machine. Lot's of nice features, reliable, and the flat deck cuts well. It was the last of the horizontal shaft machines made (aside from the BZ/MegaMax Diesels).

And some off the subject info that was mentioned earlier in the thread...

The 12cc pumps on the LZ-XP were discontinued because of heat related issues that users in big hill country were experiencing. They offered only a very little additional ground speed.

The 34hp Turbo Diesel BZ (BAM) is a heck of a mower. It had some issues when it was initially released. The mufflers cracked, the frame cracked, some electrical issues, but those were all addressed long ago. For it's intended use, (BAM - Broad Area Mower) it's great! Mows comfortably all day long at 12mph. It's long and wide with 26" rear tires and a Michigan suspension seat. You won't fit many on a trailer though! Demo one sometime if you get the chance.

Q

T Total Lawncare
07-12-2007, 01:46 PM
That vintage YK does not have much in common with the current Husqvarna/YK's. It was developed shortly after Husqvarna's '99 acquisition of Yazoo Kees. At this time, they needed to quickly establish their product line. Look close, it looks a lot like an early eXmark.

The '03 ZTMax is a heck of a machine. Lot's of nice features, reliable, and the flat deck cuts well. It was the last of the horizontal shaft machines made (aside from the BZ/MegaMax Diesels).

The 12cc pumps on the LZ-XP were discontinued because of heat related issues that users in big hill country were experiencing. They offered only a very little additional ground speed.

The 34hp Turbo Diesel BZ (BAM) is a heck of a mower. It had some issues when it was initially released. The mufflers cracked, the frame cracked, some electrical issues, but those were all addressed long ago. For it's intended use, (BAM - Broad Area Mower) it's great! Mows comfortably all day long at 12mph. It's long and wide with 26" rear tires and a Michigan suspension seat. You won't fit many on a trailer though! Demo one sometime if you get the chance.

Q

Finally someone who knows something about the brand. I can see heat being a issue, my 10's get pretty warm sometimes. My buddy i cut with sometimes has got a turf tiger with 21's and it is not as fast as mine. But I do like his mower, have used it alot and it is built like a battleship.

Pitbull05
07-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Every piece of equipment that I use is Husqvarna, and I would not have it any other way. Great experiences with great equipment.

T Total Lawncare
07-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Every piece of equipment that I use is Husqvarna, and I would not have it any other way. Great experiences with great equipment.

What all do you have pitbull?

Pitbull05
07-12-2007, 02:59 PM
I am a part timer that and I am grduating to commercial equipment, but 42" ZTR, 125BT backpack blower, stick edger, 223L string trimmer, 22" mower. I will purchase a 36" hydro WB very soon, and as business dictates either 54" or 64" ZTR. I started late in the season 3yrs ago with a 21" push mower, a hand held blower, a pos homlite trimmer, and a crapsman edger. I plan on being full time within the next 2yrs, and I am well on my way.

T Total Lawncare
07-12-2007, 03:21 PM
I am a part timer that and I am grduating to commercial equipment, but 42" ZTR, 125BT backpack blower, stick edger, 223L string trimmer, 22" mower. I will purchase a 36" hydro WB very soon, and as business dictates either 54" or 64" ZTR. I started late in the season 3yrs ago with a 21" push mower, a hand held blower, a pos homlite trimmer, and a crapsman edger. I plan on being full time within the next 2yrs, and I am well on my way.

Are you going to buy a Husky Ztr? And also i purchased a 170bt husky backpack blower and it does a tremendous job. A little to much for sidewalks and porches but gets the job done in a hurry on parking lots driveways, leaves and whatever in a yard.

Pitbull05
07-12-2007, 03:23 PM
I would not own anything else

T Total Lawncare
07-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Well if you go with the husky tunnelram you'll have to settle with a 42, 48, 52, 61, or a 72. Never seen a 54 or 64 on the new decks. But either way i don't think you will go wrong with any depending on which you need. You have to be thick skinned though cause your gonna catch alot of static from non-husky owners. You would think you own a mower made by the anti-christ.

Pitbull05
07-12-2007, 03:35 PM
I thought there was a 54, but I fat fingerd the 64. I know that one was 61. Yeah, I see that Husy puts a bad taste in most mouths here, but to each his own. I would rather make friends and money than to bash someones equipment.

T Total Lawncare
07-12-2007, 03:43 PM
I thought there was a 54, but I fat fingerd the 64. I know that one was 61. Yeah, I see that Husy puts a bad taste in most mouths here, but to each his own. I would rather make friends and money than to bash someones equipment.

I think they make a 54 but it's not the tunnelram. It comes on the EZ series. And like you I think to each his own. I'm depositing checks regularly. Cut 6 nice sized this morning and having to pull babysitting detail this afternoon for the wife. But no complaints with that either:)

Envy Lawn Service
07-13-2007, 01:14 AM

Q

Well hey JimQ from Beatrice NE....

You should know about them since you live where they are made.
Are you affiliated... or just sharing your 'local knowledge'?

In any event you are right.
It's my opinion that they had a better machine before the buyout, and right on the brink.

But things did go way down hill with the changes that were made in the quality. They seem to have only changed what had to be changed, and what they could change to reduce the build cost instead of addressing things that needed a change.

They stopped building the ZTMax line because they had to.
The 'Beatrice Buddies' stuff came to a dead halt when Toro purchased eXmark.

Funny you talk about hydro heat... because it was a major issue, and frankly it still is even with the 10cc pumps. The drive systems were a big handicap for me and a big thorn in my side. They run too hot, and there is something wrong with the design or plumbing of their hydro systems.

Couple that with the cheap build of the machine that you really can't see at first glance and you have a reciepe for failure if the machine is used much.

But what's worse is that they don't want to stand behind their shotty stuff.
That's the worst part of it all.

My experience was a nightmare!

In any event though... I think it would be great if someone who really cared about the QUALITY, RELIABLITY & CUSTOMER SUPPORT would purchase Yazoo/Kees and do some major whip cracking. There is a lot of potential there just being pissed away.

G.A.S.
07-13-2007, 02:18 AM
lz6130xp is what i bought without doing a whole lot of research. I think it has 150hrs now and no issues so far. It didn't look like the stoutest machine out there, but looked sufficient for my use. All the small stuff i run is Husq. no problems w/ them. To each his own Lets just hope we all make some cash this year.

JimQ
07-13-2007, 10:16 AM
Mornin Envy

Yeah, OK, I'll admit it.... I'm affiliated. I started at Husqvarna about 2 years ago. I oversee product testing, compliance, and prototyping. It's a fun job.

I try not to toot the Husqvarna horn too loud. I try to keep my posts as factual and non-biased as possible.

Envy, let me tell ya. I'm sorry you got $..t on by Husqvarna. I don't know the whole story, but I'm sorry. There is nothing worse than poor service. I'll offer no excuses.

Like I mentioned earlier, I've been here about 2 years. I was brought in at the beginning of the push to turn things around. Let's just say these have been our rebuilding years. There has been MAJOR "House Cleaning" going on. I would estimate approximately 85-90% of the professional level staff has "left the company to pursue other interests" (if you know what I mean).

In the short time that I've been here, there have been 3 Chief Engineers, 3 Operations/Production Managers, 2 Quality Managers, and countless other lower level replacements. Customer Service for the Husqvarna products has moved from Beatrice to corporate in Charlotte. (Yazoo Kees, Dixon, & Bluebird are still handled out of Beatrice).

This is no BS, I honestly believe the right team is nearly in place to make sure EVERY (not just most) piece of equipment that leaves this place is a quality product and that product is supported once it get into the field. We've got a great VP of Engineering, a "git-r-done or git outta my way" VP of Operations, and a Quality Manager with a proven track record.

Keep your eyes on Husqvarna. I'm loving my job right now. We've got some good stuff in the works! I just wish we could get it out into the world more quickly.

If any of you Husqvarna, Yazoo, Dixon, guys have any technical questions, fire away. I'll do my best.

Q

mag360
07-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Heat build up in the hydro system has been a big problem on our 2004 2761XP. The controls have been herky jerky on that machine since the first year of operation but it does still function and the cut is good.

Envy Lawn Service
07-14-2007, 12:58 AM
Mornin Envy

Yeah, OK, I'll admit it.... I'm affiliated. I started at Husqvarna about 2 years ago. I oversee product testing, compliance, and prototyping. It's a fun job.

I try not to toot the Husqvarna horn too loud. I try to keep my posts as factual and non-biased as possible.

Envy, let me tell ya. I'm sorry you got $..t on by Husqvarna. I don't know the whole story, but I'm sorry. There is nothing worse than poor service. I'll offer no excuses.

Like I mentioned earlier, I've been here about 2 years. I was brought in at the beginning of the push to turn things around. Let's just say these have been our rebuilding years. There has been MAJOR "House Cleaning" going on. I would estimate approximately 85-90% of the professional level staff has "left the company to pursue other interests" (if you know what I mean).

In the short time that I've been here, there have been 3 Chief Engineers, 3 Operations/Production Managers, 2 Quality Managers, and countless other lower level replacements. Customer Service for the Husqvarna products has moved from Beatrice to corporate in Charlotte. (Yazoo Kees, Dixon, & Bluebird are still handled out of Beatrice).

This is no BS, I honestly believe the right team is nearly in place to make sure EVERY (not just most) piece of equipment that leaves this place is a quality product and that product is supported once it get into the field. We've got a great VP of Engineering, a "git-r-done or git outta my way" VP of Operations, and a Quality Manager with a proven track record.

Keep your eyes on Husqvarna. I'm loving my job right now. We've got some good stuff in the works! I just wish we could get it out into the world more quickly.

If any of you Husqvarna, Yazoo, Dixon, guys have any technical questions, fire away. I'll do my best.

Q

Well, I'll tell ya Jim Q... you're alright by me...

I appreciate the honesty from you and respect that.
I'd also have to say you seem to be one of the more 'human' employees I've talked to.

So to me, it does sound like maybe a 'turn-around' might be in progress.

Your job sounds great.
I think it's something I would really dig.
I monkey around with it some myself and really enjoy it.
There's so much more to prototyping and testing even minor changes than most realize.

If you ever want to discuss the equipment and get both the ups and downs from an end user with field experiece with your products... well you know how to get in touch... as maybe it's not something always totally appropriate for the open forum. What I'm saying is, discussion might be good, but it doesn't have to be dragging it all through the mud if the company is really looking to improve the product and service.

thesargent
07-14-2007, 01:11 AM
who else here has owned and used a husqvarna ztr or w/b? my 36 hydro w/b has only 70 hours on it and its my first w/b. but i think i would know if i didnt like it. its comfortable and cuts fantastic. ill keep everyone posted as to reliability, so far so good. i feel that if its maintained well it will last me many years. but lets hear from the current/previous owner/operators of huqvarna mowers.

T Total Lawncare
07-14-2007, 11:08 PM
JimQ, When did all of this re-structure take place? And what kind of possible new equipment do we have to look forward to?

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
07-14-2007, 11:28 PM
My old 52/23 kohler was very jerky, bad wheel shake up front, the deck belt would jump off nearly everytime you engaged the blades unless done wide open, and type of engine service was a pain cause of the bracket/plate to protect the motor was in the way and if you took it off it could be difficult to get back on. The cut quality left a lot to be desired. If you tried to turn towards the shoo side it would scalp slightly even on level ground and the deck was leveled properly, and all tires had correct air psi. Mine did not have a suspension seat and therefor rode like crap.
I bought mine used but it had very liitle time (180 hrs), I realize there may have been upgrades over the years but it left a bad impression on me. I have worked on lots of husky 2 strokes and I will never understand why people buy them when they cost more to begin with and there parts are also more, but to each his own.

JimQ
07-17-2007, 09:31 AM
JimQ, When did all of this re-structure take place? And what kind of possible new equipment do we have to look forward to?

Hey T Total. Like I mentioned, I've been here 2 years. I would say the whole thing was set in motion 3-4 years ago when the planning for the new manufacturing facility started. It really came to a head 2 years ago. The new building was complete. There were a lot of people who didn't make the move. Last summer we acquired Dixon. That was a challenge. It nearly doubled our business. Since then, we've struggled to find the right combination of people and systems to make the place run as it should. I think we're finally almost there.

I wish I could share some of the new things we're working on but you know how that goes. Let's just say we're BUSY!

Take care,
Q

T Total Lawncare
07-17-2007, 03:47 PM
Thats cool i understand you gotta keep the r&d top secret. Its a competitive world and I'm glad to see we're getiing back in the race. Appreciate all your insight.

Leaf Jockey
09-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Mornin Envy

Q

I run a crew using four 72" 27 hp Huskys. They have anywhere from 600-2000 hours on them. We like them. What is the deal with the control lever shocks? They seem to have a life of about 100 hours. I'm sick of buying shocks that I know will go bad in short order. Is this a known issue or is it just me?
Like I said we like Husky. We used to run Yazoo tractors like the YTBSD265. Those things would cut almost anything but ate intermediate shafts in the transmissions. There is kind of a cult following around here for the old Yazoos. Too bad they are so hard to get parts for.

Scott

ThirdDay
09-08-2007, 05:13 PM
We started using Yazoo/Kees mowers a few years ago when a major local commercial dealer started carrying them....we knew there would be no parts or service issues with this well known dealer.

The 52" Mid Max rider has been an excellent machine for us. We now own 2 and are going for 1 or 2 more late this year or early next. Excellent cut and well built machines...we saved a TON of money as well compared to Ex-Mark and Scag.

We bought one of the Yazoo/Kees walk behinds for smaller yards and it is a good mower as well....nothing special (a walk behind is a walk beind) but a very good cut and well made.

JimQ
09-10-2007, 09:53 AM
What is the deal with the control lever shocks? They seem to have a life of about 100 hours. I'm sick of buying shocks that I know will go bad in short order. Is this a known issue or is it just me?

Hey Scott,

I'd love to tell you the damper issues is just you but.....

You're right. In some conditions the dampers don't last long. The environment the dampers operate in has the largest effect on life span. The rod seal becomes contaminated and starts to leak. The damper loses oil and it's all over.

We will be switching to double sealed dampers on all commercial machines mid November. This extends the damper life many times over. The double sealed dampers should be available as service parts early next year.

Take care,
Q

Leaf Jockey
09-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Hey Scott,

I'd love to tell you the damper issues is just you but.....

You're right. In some conditions the dampers don't last long. The environment the dampers operate in has the largest effect on life span. The rod seal becomes contaminated and starts to leak. The damper loses oil and it's all over.

We will be switching to double sealed dampers on all commercial machines mid November. This extends the damper life many times over. The double sealed dampers should be available as service parts early next year.

Take care,
Q

Thats great news. I like to hear when a company fixes a problem rather than ignoring it. I'll get my dealer to keep an eye out for those new dampers.

Thanks
Scott