PDA

View Full Version : The day I learned a lesson

South Florida Lawns
07-11-2007, 06:05 PM
A few years back I had a blower seize up on me. Took it to my dealer and they said its done for it, because I ran straight gas in it. I got it back after they couldn't't fix the machine and they switched fuel in it. The dealer is a big one but they are friendly and helpful, told me they would make me a deal on a new blower. I did and bought a backpack blower haha what a scam.

Boy I was dumb back then I should have fought it, cuz the unit was somewhat new and still under warranty. I learned my lesson that day. Always speak up if you know something ain't right.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
07-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Warranty won't cover negligence.

South Florida Lawns
07-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Warranty won't cover negligence.

How was it that? I was using the correct fuel mix they just put in straight gas and told me it was my fault.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
07-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Are you searious? Try having them cover it under the dumb a$$ clause:hammerhead:

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
07-11-2007, 07:16 PM
because I ran straight gas in it.

Grits
07-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Did YOU or did YOU not run straight gas in it?
Or did they put straight gas in it and said you did it?

lifetree
07-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Did YOU or did YOU not run straight gas in it?
Or did they put straight gas in it and said you did it?

The way I read the post, he's saying that they put the straight gas in and blamed it on him ... so they could sell him a BP blower !!

bohiaa
07-11-2007, 09:19 PM
and he bought it

DLCS
07-11-2007, 09:22 PM
and he bought it

ROFLMAO:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

ed2hess
07-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Pretty slim chance that a unit will sieze up if you use the proper oil during the first few years. I never had a Echo sieze period.....unless raw gas. If you would have immediately pulled the plug and put in straight oil you probably could have got it going....I have done that several times when our guys got raw gas in them.

South Florida Lawns
07-11-2007, 11:35 PM
The way I read the post, he's saying that they put the straight gas in and blamed it on him ... so they could sell him a BP blower !!

Yeah thats what I was trying to say.

I just typed it in a hurry

South Florida Lawns
07-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Pretty slim chance that a unit will sieze up if you use the proper oil during the first few years. I never had a Echo sieze period.....unless raw gas. If you would have immediately pulled the plug and put in straight oil you probably could have got it going....I have done that several times when our guys got raw gas in them.

Hey now that is a good idea, I hope it will work for me.

lawnman_scott
07-11-2007, 11:46 PM
A few years back I had a blower seize up on me. Took it to my dealer and they said its done for it, because I ran straight gas in it. I got it back after they couldn't't fix the machine and they switched fuel in it. The dealer is a big one but they are friendly and helpful, told me they would make me a deal on a new blower. I did and bought a backpack blower haha what a scam.

Boy I was dumb back then I should have fought it, cuz the unit was somewhat new and still under warranty. I learned my lesson that day. Always speak up if you know something ain't right.
was it the place that think they are "royalty"?

South Florida Lawns
07-12-2007, 08:42 PM
hahah naw never bought from there. They are big though.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
07-12-2007, 09:09 PM
LOL,and every one talks about dealer support mine are the pitz and when you get broke down itz weeks before itz fixed.

f150intally
07-12-2007, 10:30 PM
First off, I am a homeowner not a professional. But I have a similar story...I bought a commercial grade trimmer, FS80R because I like good shite. after the first summer of use (once a week during the height), I pulled it out the following spring to use it. I had drained the gas in it prior to putting it away. Went and got fresh gas. filled it up... it wouldn't start! I was like WTF, took it back to the dealer service and they charged me $100 to repair the carb. They said it must've had a piece of trash in it. after 4 or 5 uses i pulled it out one day to start it and it wouldn't start. Pissed off I took it back and told them before doing anything to it call me. The first call I get was a repair bill for $75. I was irate. A friend of mine is a large Stihl dealer in the southeast and he gave me the number to the SE rep. I called the rep and explained the situation to him. The first time it was under warranty. the second time it was just out of warranty. three days after i talked to the rep the shop called me and said it was ready and there is no charge. I went to pick it up and they totally kissed my a$$. Had I not called the rep they would've screwed me a second time. What was funny is when they called me the second time I just said, "Ok, I will come by in the next day or two."

My buddy that is a big Stihl dealer said they would've fixed it under warranty. he said that crews can run a truck over them and break a shaft and stihl will replace them. up to the dealer to write it up. I don't let those folks take advantage of me. 99% of the people that are told it is something you did and is not under warranty will let them make the repair and pay for it. Its how a lot of service shop make their revenue. and a lot of times, the customer will pay and then the shop will turn in the warranty request and get paid by Stihl as well. That is what sucks.

South Florida Lawns
07-23-2007, 06:12 PM
First off, I am a homeowner not a professional. But I have a similar story...I bought a commercial grade trimmer, FS80R because I like good shite. after the first summer of use (once a week during the height), I pulled it out the following spring to use it. I had drained the gas in it prior to putting it away. Went and got fresh gas. filled it up... it wouldn't start! I was like WTF, took it back to the dealer service and they charged me $100 to repair the carb. They said it must've had a piece of trash in it. after 4 or 5 uses i pulled it out one day to start it and it wouldn't start. Pissed off I took it back and told them before doing anything to it call me. The first call I get was a repair bill for $75. I was irate. A friend of mine is a large Stihl dealer in the southeast and he gave me the number to the SE rep. I called the rep and explained the situation to him. The first time it was under warranty. the second time it was just out of warranty. three days after i talked to the rep the shop called me and said it was ready and there is no charge. I went to pick it up and they totally kissed my a$$. Had I not called the rep they would've screwed me a second time. What was funny is when they called me the second time I just said, "Ok, I will come by in the next day or two."

My buddy that is a big Stihl dealer said they would've fixed it under warranty. he said that crews can run a truck over them and break a shaft and stihl will replace them. up to the dealer to write it up. I don't let those folks take advantage of me. 99% of the people that are told it is something you did and is not under warranty will let them make the repair and pay for it. Its how a lot of service shop make their revenue. and a lot of times, the customer will pay and then the shop will turn in the warranty request and get paid by Stihl as well. That is what sucks.

Man thats a bad one there even though you got your trimmer fixed you had to bring it back and then have to call a rep just to get it done right. That makes me mad hearing that. I found a new stihl dealer that I bought my Toro from and they are great. Guess it all depends on your dealers and how they handle things.

Bigray
07-23-2007, 06:30 PM
if u run a 2 cycle motor without the oil you can tell once it is apart, thus you have voided the warranty...
it is not hard too see the damage either.

Frontier-Lawn
07-23-2007, 10:48 PM
the local big echo/ stihl dealer here in sarasota they pulled the same crap with me. trimmer wont start the day after i change plug and filters. take it in and they call me and tell me crab and water in the carb from fuel :confused: billed me $150 for new carb, plugs air and fuel filters after i told the i just did that (the took that off the bill after i got pissed) i wanted them to warranty the carb and they would not do it. i don't know how water can get in a can of gas if i use both stabil and water remover in all cans. and the fun thing is they still had my primer bulb on it and a pristine clean carb on it.