View Full Version : 15 HP Kawi Run Great once you start it BUT.

07-11-2007, 08:16 PM
And it will start soon after its been running BUT if its been sitting I have to barely mist it with starting fluid.

Does this model have a fuel pump? This mower only has 29 hours but it has been sitting for years. As I said it run like a top and smooth once running and ran it for an hour and a half today.

07-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Sounds like the fuel is draining out of the lines when it sits, perhaps a cracked fuel line or filter, or if there is a pump, could be ripped diaghram within. Probably something dry rotted while sitting.

07-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Have you made sure the choke is closing fully ?
If it has sat all that time the carb just may need a good tear-down cleaning, Something may be partly plugged causing a lean start.

07-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Thanks guys, I have already check the lines and they are in good shape.

Matt or Rob do you know if this has a fuel pump. I found this site and captured this diagram. The part in question is in the upper left hand corner under the T8 bolt.

The fuel filter looks very good clean and unrestricted. Just don't know if this is a fuel pump if it could be clogged. As I said once started and I back on the chokes it runs like a sewing machine. It could simply correct itself as I have just started using is and am consider buying it. Below is a diagram of the mower as well. I will also look at the carb while the trottle is in choke position.

07-11-2007, 10:10 PM
That is the fuel pump, But....If that were the problem the unit would quit within 5 minutes of running time.

My first post still stands.

07-11-2007, 11:09 PM
Thanks again for responding Rob will give that a check tomorrow.

07-11-2007, 11:28 PM
Rob the 8th wonder of the world :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I could not stand it so I went out to the garage tried .....nothing.....

Took off the air filter bla bla and put the trottle in full position(choke) and it was not close all the way 3/4+.

Used my finger to close it completely while pulling the starter and wooooooooolaaaaa.

07-12-2007, 07:39 AM
http://www.gtr-game.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tup.gif.....Now, Just slide the throttle cable in the hold-down clamp to adjust it to choke on it's own.

07-12-2007, 08:05 AM
Good call, Rob!