PDA

View Full Version : Does posting a price bother you?

shovelracer
07-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Seems that a third of the people around here wont tell you there price ever. Another third will gladly spill the beans. And the last third don't have a clue as to what to charge. It could go both ways. Either posting a price could cause someone else to come down or posting could cause low ballers to come up and maybe just maybe the price variations will even out for comparable services.

Stillwater
07-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Advertising my prices is something I will never do. The guidelines I use are private and personal.

lawnspecialties
07-11-2007, 08:42 PM
I do not have "flat rates". A customer getting 60 yds. of mulch gets a much better "per yard" price than one getting only 10. A 1 acre yard with lots of trimming and edging involved will be priced higher than a 1 acre yard that's just wide open.

To me, there's just too many variables involved to accurately price something from someone's description 1000 miles away.

bullethead
07-12-2007, 09:30 AM
on mowblowgo we do it. who wants to waste a bunch of time running around bidding $30 lawns

Stillwater
07-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Not Me......

1MajorTom
07-12-2007, 11:34 AM
I could be wrong, but the way I took this thread... I thought he was talking about lawnsite members not wanting to divulge their prices and post them here for other lawnsite members to read. Of course, I could be way off base with that thinking. :hammerhead:

However, i'm going to go with that line of thinking, and say, "the problem with posting prices here is... it doesn't matter what someone else charges.. each individual business is different, has different expenses, so what we charge, shouldn't really matter to someone else."

carcrz
07-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Well said Jodi.

lawnspecialties
07-12-2007, 08:42 PM
I could be wrong, but the way I took this thread... I thought he was talking about lawnsite members not wanting to divulge their prices and post them here for other lawnsite members to read. Of course, I could be way off base with that thinking. :hammerhead:

However, i'm going to go with that line of thinking, and say, "the problem with posting prices here is... it doesn't matter what someone else charges.. each individual business is different, has different expenses, so what we charge, shouldn't really matter to someone else."

That's what my response was based on.:)

Focal Point Landscapes
07-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Ditto to Jodi's response - prices for services around here vary wildly and I don't see a going price on anything . Pricing for me varies by job based on my estimate of materials , labor , etc. There are several of us locally that don't mind at all to share what we would do a job for and we come up with different prices every time. Material prices vary by location - for example , pinestraw is $2.35 per bale here but $3 per bale just 100 miles away . I personally don't find it helpful to know what others charge.