PDA

View Full Version : JUst Bought...PLZ tell me if i got a DEAL or NOT..THANKS

kevin11946ny
07-11-2007, 10:43 PM
JUst bought a 48" toro turbo force mower for $3500 out the door which included the bag.

Please give me your opinion on this mower and if i will be happy with my purchase.

I've never spent this much. AFter having to fix my old mower and waste time having it fixed, i realized it was time to by new.

has 2 year warranty and if any problems they said while under warranty it will be fixed within 1 day which is priceless since i cant afford waiting weeks to have a mower fixed.

this is the link to the mower.

http://toro.com/professional/lce/midsize/tf_fixedgear/30688.html

Would you guys of personally bought this for this price?

I didnt want to spend more on a ride on ztr since i dont have large enough properties.

Also this is 6 months no interest.

THank YOU!!!

LCPullman
07-11-2007, 11:19 PM
You got a superb mower. Toro makes really good products and their Turbo-force deck is really nice. Mower plus a bagger for $3500 sounds like a reasonable price. I am guessing that list would be around $4000 for those two things.

I think you should be very happy with the mower.

MANICURED LAWNS
07-12-2007, 12:19 AM
If you like it and are happy with your purchase the good on you...you'll probably get a few you shouldve bought this or thats on this site but the payments are being mailed to you so don't sweat it, take care of it itll take care of you.

GreenT
07-12-2007, 12:30 AM
JUst Bought...PLZ tell me if i got a DEAL or NOT..THANKS

The definition of a good deal is when both the seller AND the buyer are happy with the transaction.

You got a quality machine that, if you take care of it, will last you a long time and help you make money.

Are you happy with it?

Is the dealer happy with it and willing to give you good service?

If so, it's a good deal. Doesn't matter what anybody else thinks.

:waving:

acm8705
07-12-2007, 12:42 AM
Looks like a solid mower. My Toro 36" is a 1985 and still making me money without having to do any repairs ever.

Have you ever used a hydro w/b?

I'm gonna guess not, cause once you use a hydro you can't go back to belt drive.

kevin11946ny
07-12-2007, 02:57 AM
this is not a hydro walk behind. im going to use it tomorrow on 10 accounts.

kevin11946ny
07-12-2007, 02:59 AM
im always trying to save money but when i think of it its no good to buy a used machine from somoene and pay to have it repaired and wait weeks to get it back this is why i spent the money, im sure this will be a good investment and pay for iteself. Just a lot of money when i paid $450 for my truck and $500 for my 16x6 trailer now my mower is 3x the price.

kevin11946ny
07-12-2007, 03:01 AM
dealer said as long as its under warranty which it is for the first 2 years it will be fixed for free and with in 1 day...which really surprised me and sold me on this machine.

HS Football Rules
07-12-2007, 03:45 AM
get some sleep kevin...you got a good deal:waving:

down here in cowtown.......
15/36 fixed turboforce with pistol grips are 2800 pre tax

so you did good on your 48

cgaengineer
07-12-2007, 08:05 AM
I would say you got a pretty good deal...I paid a good bit more for this model http://toro.com/professional/lce/midsize/tf_floathydro/30286.html but it is Dual Hydro floater and built like a tank.

Fairway Land & Lawn
07-12-2007, 08:17 AM
Congrats, you bought a great machine that will outlive your truck!!!:clapping: Don't stress over it, go find a couple more accounts because you are gonna have some free time now! I know how you feel, when you break it down you just spent $4k on a dam lawn mower. Just wait untill you start seeing $10-$15k mowers end up on the trailer.:hammerhead:

kevin11946ny
07-12-2007, 08:47 PM
PLZ help..i havent picked this up yet but paid for it.

It has the pistol grips, my old toro had the t bar and ive read alot of post on how pistol grips kill you, carpel tunnel, writst pain ect..and t bar which i know you can operate with one hand if you want..

are these people talking about older mowers with pistol grips? Are pistols really that terrrible, if so why do the dealers carry primarily pistol grips??

Every post favors the tbar 100% over pistol grips...whats going on???

let me know..

thanks

acm8705
07-12-2007, 08:58 PM
I agree that the tbar is the easiest control to operate. I have carpel tunnel at only 20 years old and the pistol grips make it flame up more often. With the tbar I can put my hands on top and also on the sides of the bar. Changing hand positions helps to keep the carpel tunnel at bay.

kevin11946ny
07-12-2007, 09:02 PM
im in a bind..my old mower is in the shop i bought the pistol grips and just need to pick it up..the t bar will have to be deilvered and will take around 1-2 weeks..

which i cant wait or ill lost my 15 accounts..this is my first season...

i feel like a fool should have planned this out bettter before the season begun.

MOturkey
07-12-2007, 09:35 PM
See if the dealer will try to work something out with you. He wants your business, and wants you to be happy, so you'll remain a customer. Just be honest and tell him you are afraid you won't be happy with the pistol grips, and ask if there is anything he has, a demo, used unit, whatever, that he could let you use, or even rent, until he can get one in like you want. Worth a try. Good luck.

Grits
07-12-2007, 09:46 PM
I hate to tell you this, but, you got ripped off. The dealer here sales those for $1100 with accessories. Besides, why do you need a residential grade mower?

I'm just messing with you.

Grits
07-12-2007, 09:50 PM
If you want the T-bar I'm positive the dealer will work something out. Just ask him. Either way it's a great mower.

kevin11946ny
07-12-2007, 10:11 PM
$1100 for this mower?? You must be mistaken. Where can you get a new 48" toro 15hp turbo force deck???

kevin11946ny
07-12-2007, 10:14 PM
could i cancell my order after i paid for it through a 6 month payment plan even though i never picked up the machine if i decide not to buy?

GreenT
07-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Kevin,

You need to chill out dude.

You are getting all panicky about what? ... Handles?

Come on man! Get a grip! (get it? handles - grip)

You've even started another thread about this. I think you need to up the medication 'cause it ain't working for you.

Now, go to bed!

:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

kevin11946ny
07-13-2007, 11:08 PM
lol...i got the tbar from another dealer for the same price..

and it cuts great...just a little hard to get in the trailer this model seems to have a lower deck and it scrapes alot and the rear wheels spin alot in soft areas and hills other than that im happy with my purchase after doing 10 houses today.

t bar is the only way i would ever go...cant see why anyone would use pistol grips..you have to keep your hands in the same spot all athe time.

Grits
07-13-2007, 11:19 PM
$1100 for this mower?? You must be mistaken. Where can you get a new 48" toro 15hp turbo force deck???

Calm down Kev!:laugh:
You obviously missed the "Just messing with you" part.
Sounds like everything worked out for you in the end. Congrats buddy!

kevin11946ny
07-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Hard to choose from so many models, but for me the 48" wb is perfect..maybe next season a ride on if i get larger yards. hey, you have to start somewhere, right?

Frue
07-14-2007, 08:31 AM
right on the money maybe a hundred off to the bad for you. But this mower will be a great mower I have run toro for 10 years and it is a qualits product. I have had my walk behind for 7 years and I have no problems other than general maintenance. Mower should of ran 2800, 300 for bagger then tax. Dont let them charge for set up of bagger that is a rip off. Should be in the price already. I ditto the tbar.