PDA

View Full Version : Dump Trailer, Dump angle not enough.

CrewCutEnterprises
07-12-2007, 01:46 AM
Ok. Bought a 05 Tripple crown dump trailer. It only dumps about 40 degrees. And if your uphill. HA !!!

The dump cylinder is 3.5 with a stroke of 24" I either need a cylinder that has a longer stroke, and keeps same length so it will bolt in. IE double acting cylinder.

Any ideas here besides rewelding it so I can put on 30 inch stroke cylinders and making all new mounts. Which I dont want to have to do.

Gravel Rat
07-12-2007, 02:18 AM
You have one problem if the trailer isn't a deck over because the tail of the trailer will ground out and lift the wheels off the ground.

Does this trailer have a scissor hoist or direct push ?

You other option is a front mount post hoist you have lots of lift height and power.

Any dump trailer I seen has the same problem you have you end up with a long stretched out pile because you have no dump angle. To get the material out you need to pull ahead.

mcwlandscaping
07-12-2007, 11:56 AM
You have one problem if the trailer isn't a deck over because the tail of the trailer will ground out and lift the wheels off the ground.

Any dump trailer I seen has the same problem you have you end up with a long stretched out pile because you have no dump angle. To get the material out you need to pull ahead.
Those low profile dump trailers are a pita, they ground out and cause you to make a LONG pile and the single hoist ones can't lift anything of real weight!!

CrewCutEnterprises
07-12-2007, 06:33 PM
The weight isnt the issue its the angle. It will dump 5 tons. Its the wet gravel and topsoil that wont come out.

Those low profile dump trailers are a pita, they ground out and cause you to make a LONG pile and the single hoist ones can't lift anything of real weight!!

TWUllc
07-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Does it have an adjustable coupler?

Yard Solutions
07-13-2007, 12:26 AM
Buy a good heavy duty set of ramps for the rear tires on the truck, it should get you another 6-10 inches of height at the tongue of the trailer.