PDA

View Full Version : walker mower leaf pickup

2 clowns mowing
07-12-2007, 06:29 AM
has anyone tried to put a hose on the blower intake and use it to pickup leaves or wood chips

MOW ED
07-12-2007, 07:22 AM
Nice idea I guess. Never tried it. I was first told that the deck provided some suction also but you have a good idea with just connecting a hose to it. I would think that light to moderate debris would be pulled in but I don't think you could have a long hose. New inventions happen everyday, get to a patent lawyer before I do.:waving:

2 clowns mowing
07-12-2007, 05:00 PM
thanks i'll let you know how it works

pclawncare
07-12-2007, 11:45 PM
The only problem i could see is if the leaves stay in too big of chunks and clog up the chute to the hoppe when you do use the deck all debris is mainly choped up befor it enters the blower i dont know how well the blower its self would do at chopping stuff up. you never know i have never herd of anything like that. I do wish they would invent some sort of attachment like the walk behind vac's for the front of a walker

2 clowns mowing
07-13-2007, 07:38 AM
most vac's i've seen suck leaves into the fan whole and the fan will shred the leaves.but the fans have extra steel to help shred the leaves. i'll give it a try and will let you know how it works.