PDA

View Full Version : Hustler TrimStar Hydro WB

TSG
07-12-2007, 04:52 PM
I am looking for a 48 WB
I like the controls of the Toro H bar
but demoed a hustler T bar today.
I didn't like the fact that when turning one wheel basically stays locked.
The cut of the xmark is great but with carpal tunnel syn, I don't like the controls
Does anyone have any first hand experience with this machine (Trimstar)
Thanks in advance for your time
Alan

Jay74
07-13-2007, 12:16 AM
While turning the Hustler twist the grips in reverse and the inside wheel turns opposite of the outside - Called zero-turning... You're Hustler dealer sucks if they can't give you a proper demo. I have used many WBs and riding mowers ie Walkers... I love my 36" Trimstar.

BTW I am a technician 3 days a week and mow lawns 2 days to afford being a technician.

screensnot
07-13-2007, 02:09 AM
Our 48" Trimstar is awesome. The H-bar is great once you get used to it. I went from a pistol-grip Scag to the Trimstar. It took me about 15 minutes to mostly have it down. After 15 or 20 hours, I was just as good with it as with the Scag.

The H-bar does everything you can do with pistols or ECS, but YOU CAN DO IT ALL WITH ONE HAND! And that's either hand, while going any speed, no matter what you have the cruise set to.

I always just put the cruise at max anyway. You can pick any speed you want with a twist of the grip, and it takes nearly no effort to hold it back to a speed lower than what the cruise is set to, and still go straight (again, you can do this with one hand if you want).

I was experiencing the "one wheel locked while turning" thing at first. It was me not twisting far enough back on the grips. You need to twist 'em all the way back to where the machine would be at a complete stop, then turn the bars, and she does a perfect zero turn. It takes a bit of practice, but no more than the practice needed for pistols or ECS.

The H-bar can maneuver exactly the same as the other controls, you just need to get used to it.

TSG
07-13-2007, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the feedback, the guy at the dealership showing me the machine was
a mechanic,,,the salesman was on the road.
I have a demo scheduled for next week.
Are you all happy with the cut?
How does it compare to "super" walk behind
Thanks again for your time
Alan