PDA

View Full Version : Bellhousing Broke!!!!!!!!

TrinityELC
07-12-2007, 06:38 PM
I finally get a full week of good landscape jobs and as soon as I drop my guy off I shift into gear and heard something fall. I drove it home in 2nd and when I took a look the bellhousing broke off right at the clutch fork, DAMN!!!! No one has the part for this truck. If anyone has a part for a 6.9l diesel coupled to a NP235 tranny. My Superduty won't be ready until next week.

Gravel Rat
07-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Does the truck have a hydraulic clutch ?

I can't remember if the old Fords do or not.

If it is and you broke the ears off the bellhousing for the slave cylinder your SOL. You can weld them back on but you need to take the housing off the engine. Your looking at atleast a good full day to take the transmission off and while your at it you might aswell do the clutch.

muddstopper
07-12-2007, 08:19 PM
When I saw the title of this thread, my first thoughts where the poor guy has a 6.5 chevy. I go through about a clutch a year in my 6.5 dually, and every time I pull the tranny, the bellhousing has to be welded up. Whatever happened to the good old cast iron bellhousings in trucks???

LindblomRJ
07-12-2007, 08:41 PM
I believe the 6.9 has hydraulic clutch. Dad traded his 6.9 almost 15 years ago so my memory might be a bit rusty.

Gravel Rat
07-12-2007, 11:32 PM
I had the mounting ear welded back on my ZF which had a aluminum housing I don't know if the 6.9 uses a cast iron belhousing.

Anyway you look at it you need to find a good used belhousing start seaching the junk yards or use this website.

www.car-part.com