PDA

View Full Version : Rhino lined dump

kemmer
07-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Hey, im looking to get a dump truck in the next year or so and i plan on making the dump and lower quater panels green to match the company colors, now instead of painting it, was thinking use Rhino liner to protect the dump body from getting beat up by salt, rocks, and just daily abuse. to protect the interior and exterior of the body. i was also thinking the lower front quarter panel on the door just to match the color scheme. so y not rhino line it too to protect it from rocks and debris while driving.

What do you guys think about the dump bed tho? it does have a lifetime warrenty right?, so if a rock gouges it it should be ok. Also how well do you think the material will slide out if i do the smooth liner on the inside and outside?

RockSet N' Grade
07-12-2007, 09:47 PM
I have a dump trailer that I did NOT put liner in.....wish I had used a smooth liner on the inside. I have a liner in my dump truck bed and stuff slides out much easier and does not get caught/stuck in the corners. As long as it is a smooth finish, and not the rough finish, that is what I would and will do on my next trailer.

kemmer
07-13-2007, 06:55 PM
How is it in your dump bed, does it hold up well to the abuse? and how about rusting? is it?

RedWingsDet
07-13-2007, 07:02 PM
I rhinolined the Exterior of my 10ft Dump. Came out great, plus it doesnt strach when they loader misses and rocks hit the side.

kemmer
07-13-2007, 07:11 PM
ya thats what i was thinking along with when guys climb up the sides leaving marks and all the salt corrosion from the salter

kemmer
07-16-2007, 07:37 PM
I rhinolined the Exterior of my 10ft Dump. Came out great, plus it doesnt strach when they loader misses and rocks hit the side.

did you do the smooth or textured finish? also how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking

gavin478
07-16-2007, 08:12 PM
To get my pickup bed done was about $450, so I imagine a dump bed would be in the $800 range. IMO, completely worth it. It will seal the inside of your bed, protecting it from damage, sealing out rust, and will make it easier to keep it clean.

RedWingsDet
07-16-2007, 11:08 PM
did you do the smooth or textured finish? also how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking

Textured, If I remember he did the sides and back for $180 in black. This was March of 06 and it has held up great since.

RedWingsDet
12-29-2007, 07:56 AM
just an update:

This is now the second winter on the outside liner on my 9ft dump body. It has held up great, on the bottoms its starting to peel a little bit, but nothing that is noticeable. I wash the truck after each storm, so we will see how much damage the salt does this winter.
However, I don't think much more will come off, it has held up great, and I will continue to get the outside of my dumps on my next purchase rhinolined.

BrandonV
12-29-2007, 09:12 AM
wouldn line x be a better choice? i've heard that its more durable

Fordsuvparts
12-29-2007, 09:17 AM
You are wrong IMO the Line X is not as good as the rhino lining I had on a previous truck. The line x has started to peel on every truck we had done, yes he ( LIne X Dealer) says he will fix them but he never seems to have the time. I traded out some work with a line x dealer to have 3 of my trucks done. I might be wrong but i don't think he knows what he is doing. That could be the real reason.

RedWingsDet
12-29-2007, 10:05 AM
wouldn line x be a better choice? i've heard that its more durable

im not sure if mine was rhinoline brand, but it was a spray on bedliner.

BrandonV
12-29-2007, 11:20 AM
i've not had rhino lining, i've just seen it on the tv and saw the military using it to "bomb proof" building so I figured it was good stuff. I had a rhino lining on my f550 once, it was alright but peeled a bit when i pushed a pallet. i think the applicator must make a difference.

RedWingsDet
12-29-2007, 12:54 PM
well i would never put it on the inside of a dump bed. we were talking about this for the OUTSIDE only.

BrandonV
12-29-2007, 01:12 PM
oh gottcha, I've seen line x or some similar in some bigger trucks, not textured but slick. why would you put it outside?