PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions

simonkodousek
07-12-2007, 11:37 PM
1.) Does anybody here use VistaPro (http://vistapro.com/default.aspx) lights? If so, what have been your experiences with them (RE: fixture quality, customer service, etc.)?

2.) If VistaPro isn't a good company to buy fixtures from, what is?

3.) Does anybody here drive a Chevy Colorado?

NightScenes
07-13-2007, 12:07 AM
Vista, Kichler, Hadco, Hunza, are just a few of the better lighting manufactures.

Pro-Scapes
07-13-2007, 12:16 AM
As paul stated Vista is a good line.. All brands have thier good and bad fixtures tho so keep that in mind. In the last year we are discovering more lines and not limiting ourselves to any one direct brand. Unique and Cast are just a few more manufactures to consider

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
07-13-2007, 12:27 AM
Lets not forget: Nightscaping, Hunza, Vision3, Hevilight, CAST, and on and on and on....

Billy is correct in that each of the professional grade lighting manufacturers have good and not so good products. Every installer will find the strengths and weaknesses over time. Here at INTEGRA, we have always focused on providing our clients with the absolute best quality components available and not focused on representing only one or two lines.

The day that one manufacturer can produce the best fixture in every category is the day that I will consider aligning with one Manufacturer. I'm not holding my breath!

Have a great day.

NiteTymeIlluminations
07-13-2007, 08:33 AM
wow...no bashing...seems this forum has took a turn for the better...I agree with all above...but will add...Kim, BK, HK...evaluate each job then pick the lights...I'm not even brand loyal with boats and thats a very brand loyal industry...I couldn't care less if i'm skiing behind a master craft, a nautique, or a malibu, don't put me behind an I/O...you limit your options by being brand loyal a little...you can have your favorite but don't limit yourself...

Chris J
07-13-2007, 10:12 PM
I use Vista on occasion, and have never had any problems. One of my colleagues, however, has stated that he has a very large box of MR16 uplights that he intends to send back for warranty replacement. He claims socket meltdown, but I don't know any specifics. Just FYI, could be that he is trying to get me to change my views without my own first hand info. Business is business, and some people do try tactics like this to derail their competitors. Not a chance that I will fall for it though. I'm much too smart, and handsome to boot! :laugh:

David Gretzmier
07-16-2007, 12:37 AM
I've got FX spots and wells that are still going great I installed 7 years ago, very little problems, even though they seem to be not very well sealed, they work, except for cars and lawn mowers chopping them up. ushio bulbs seem to be consistantly better than most, although I wish the occaisional fat pins would go away.

Lite4
07-17-2007, 07:28 PM
My main line I use is Vista. Primarily the brass, copper or stainless fixtures. Chris, your right about the sockets on the spots. On the old models they had some problems, but have remedied that with a new style socket which is much improved. Overall, I have not had any problems with them. Their warranty has been fantastic on some items I have had to return. I also use FX and kichler as well. Just got a demo spot from CAST. They just arrived here in our locale.

Pro-Scapes
07-18-2007, 12:51 AM
I use Vista on occasion, and have never had any problems. One of my colleagues, however, has stated that he has a very large box of MR16 uplights that he intends to send back for warranty replacement. He claims socket meltdown, but I don't know any specifics. Just FYI, could be that he is trying to get me to change my views without my own first hand info. Business is business, and some people do try tactics like this to derail their competitors. Not a chance that I will fall for it though. I'm much too smart, and handsome to boot! :laugh:

I replaced 4 sockets in a vista system recently... Moisture and seemingly poor seal on them. Not sure the model number but they were large flat lens mr16 bullets. I attibute some of this to installer error tho. The system was 5 years old. All is well so far since we serviced em and readjusted. Just another reason maint plans are needed.

sprinkler guy
07-18-2007, 02:20 AM
Vista is a solid line, and their service has always been good here in SoCal. That could have something to do with being located here. FX is really strong here, both quality and service. Cast is gaining ground and their lights are well built. I switched all my wiring to their tin-coated wire, which also has the benefit of the footage marked every 12". BK and Hunza's lights are very nice, but sometimes add too much to the budget for some clients. Everyone has their favorites, but limit yourself only to what it takes to do the job right and please the customer.

bumper
07-20-2007, 10:00 AM
Used Vista couple times but prefer FX fixtures and field support.