PDA

View Full Version : Real Estate NighMare

Wil22
07-12-2007, 11:50 PM
I have a property management company giving me work. Most of the properties so far not too bad. Then they gave me this one today. This is a nightmare. The mangement said contact the people living in the house if I need too. But mow it and send us the bill.

The front lawn is sloped and patchy. The tennant said you might not want to mow the back because the when it rains the river rises and covers the back lawn. In addition to that, the plumbing in the house is messed up and feces flows into the back lawn located near the black pipe in the photos.

The city contacted the owner and gave them a warning to get the lawn mowed. The back has to be pushed mowed/ weed wacked.

How would you guy's handle this one and what would you charge? Would you do front and back or just do the front? I'm sure some of you guy's have had similar situations. I've never seen a property like this before.

Sammy
07-13-2007, 12:00 AM
$60.00 per hour.
Mow with the Z-Turn everything but around the sewage spill.

GreenT
07-13-2007, 12:00 AM
Are you kidding?

How badly do you need this account?

You need to let somebody know about the sewage situation, it's a major violation. Especially next to a river.

KTO Enterprises
07-13-2007, 12:02 AM
hmm, somebody is putting duke in the river, thats a no-no, mmm-kay

DuraCutter
07-13-2007, 12:43 AM
Are you kidding?

How badly do you need this account?

You need to let somebody know about the sewage situation, it's a major violation. Especially next to a river.

What's next. You're on a slippery slope with this POS property.

Run like Gump from this one. :laugh: :laugh:

Grits
07-13-2007, 01:10 AM
I got an email yesterday from a realtor wanting me to give him an estimate for a property they are selling. I went by it today to look at it. It was similar to the one your are asking about....minus the sewage, but more overgrown. I emailed him back to let him know that I was not interested and thanked him for contacting us. I've got a lot better things to do than mess with properties like that. You know that you allowed to say no.

huh
07-13-2007, 03:15 AM
that is not half as bad as 100% of the properties I have mowed this year

I have a new 21" homeowners Ariens that I bought for my house and just this type of lawn...just today the self propel went out on it, but my dealer is good to work with and she over charged me $100 on the echo saw I bought today so she will probably wauranty the mower even though she knows I do commercial....and of course she will give me the $100 back because I know it was an honest mistake

if you have the equipment to wear out then just double the price of normal....maybe 2.25X

I will move towards good clients one day, but for now these work for me

oh....PS with the crap there.....Im OUT!

I will mow dog crap or walmart bags if done see them or whatever, but the human waste is a HELL NO!

cpel2004
07-13-2007, 04:27 AM
No first thing you must do is to get a signed contract authorizing you to do the work. Give them an estimation on what it will cost them if they bite then do the job. Trust me they very well may have gotten several estimates already hoping for a fool to under estimate the job. Get half of the money up front. If they except your estimate go and grab a couple of your friends and have some fun with it. In my area this is considered a clean up different rates apply. If you need to go to a rental store etc do it. I would also put a bid in on raising the trees too. Bottom line what ever you charge them will be alot cheaper than the daily fine from the city. But dont underprice yourself. This type of job is like moving it doesnt seem that much until you start to move it. Price per job not per hour. Depending on the size use a brushcutter but becareful of the snakes.

bohiaa
07-13-2007, 08:37 AM
$60.00 per hour.
Mow with the Z-Turn everything but around the sewage spill.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I get 60 an hour for flat stright cuts....

I'm thinking around 300.00

But of corse I'm expensive

REmember you WILL ruin a set of blades on this one

GreenT
07-13-2007, 01:25 PM
You guys keep forgetting about the sewage.

He mentioned that the river rises into the property, that means the sewage is all over the grass/vegetation. When you go in there to mow you will be flinging that dookie all over the place, including yourself.

Human waste is a major source of bacteria and disease.

This is a waste site. Call the EPA!

Wil22
07-15-2007, 10:04 PM
I think I may stick with mowing the front lawn on this one.

lawnprosteveo
07-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Ive done my share of crappy lawns, but NO WAY IN HE** would I do that one. Dog crap is bad enough! Ive fired accounts over it. But not human crap! NO AMOUNT OF $$$$.

MTR999
07-16-2007, 02:32 AM
That is not lawn, we call it dump site...you should spend energy bidding a place called lawn. Millions around, I pass.