PDA

View Full Version : Exmark vs. Toro

DillonsLawnCare
07-13-2007, 03:44 AM
In your opinion, is exmark or toro better????

americanlawn
07-13-2007, 05:35 PM
I consider them both pretty much identical. Exmarks are used here much more often than Toro (or any other brand). John Deere is a close 2nd. We subcontract our mowing, and they mainly use Exmarks. I mow my 2-acre lawn as well as our one-acre office lawn with a John Deere 727-A....love it!

Poor College Kid Mowing
07-16-2007, 12:37 PM
With Exmark being a Toro Company are there any big differences between them? Are they a lot like Husq/Yazoo/Dixon?

MOWALLTHETIME
07-16-2007, 03:03 PM
I Personaly Run Scag, And A Few Snapper Walk Behinds But I See A Lot Of Exmarks In My Neck Of The Woods From What I Hear They Hold Up Well. The Larger Companies Like Service Master And Truegreen Use All Types Of Mowers But The Majority I See For Walk Behinds Are Exmark Or Bunton

FinerCutslawnCare
07-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Well, here in the corn state(hehe) you see nothing but exmark. Now givin every once in awhile you will see some private guys running a toro or a scag. Almost all the big boys here run exmarks! The only one i know that doesn't is perficut(they run ferris), but they used to have exmark. All in all I don't feel you can't beet the qaulity of and exmark, but with that being said everyone has there own opinion!

razor1
07-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Toro may own Exmark but from what I understand they still compete like 2 separate companies. I prefer Exmark, they sell 2 to 1 over the next leading brand. I guess Toro figured if you can't beat'em, buy'em. :laugh:

awood0909
07-16-2007, 06:16 PM
go with the best support. here exmark is better so that is who i am going with from now on.