PDA

View Full Version : Scag Wildcat vs Exmark AS. Opinions?

HenryB
07-13-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm considering one of these mowers in a 60 inch cut. Lazer with a 28 hp Kawasaki and the Wildcat with a 26 Kawy liquid cooled. Any opinions on these two. Both dealers good. Also anyone have prices on these two? I haven't priced them yet.

tinkerlawn
07-13-2007, 02:18 PM
The scag has a smaller wheelbase in both directions making it more compact on the trailer and it will maneuver better on the lawns espically hills. Take it out and see for your self the shorter frame of the scag will let it transverse easily a 30-35 degree slope. Also if you notice the discharge of grass on the scag it has a even fan like appearence and distributes grass across a wide range.

The exmark has easier to operate controls and slightly longer wheelbase to accomodate a stripping kit. The cut quality on the exmark in my opinion is better and it is a slightly faster machine. The discharge of grass is heavier towards the front of the machine, meaning if you cutting really heavy grass you'll be more prone to having a furrow of grass clippings form off the right side of the machine.

jkingrph
07-13-2007, 02:48 PM
I have the Scag, but with a 52" deck( that size due to door size of storage building where I keep it). It has more than enough power, gives a excellent cut, and although per hour gas consumption is more than my old John Deer 48" lawn tractor with 17hp Kawasaki, total per use consmuption is less because it is so much faster. I would have liked the larger deck to get more overhang and manuverability, but am very pleased. Current pricing here is $7500 for an identical unit, I just asked because the dealer had one on the floor, he had to special order mine last year.

HenryB
07-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Scag's brochure says the Wildcat is "83" inches whiles Exmark says "78" inches. For me shorter is better.

TLS
07-13-2007, 03:40 PM
I'd go with the Lazer. Only an 8gal tank on the SCAG vs. 11 on the eXmark. The 28 Kawi is a nicer engine too. I dont care for the 26LC Kawi, plus they're not that powerful.

675cc vs. 764cc

42 lb/ft vs. 47 lb/ft

Frue
07-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Scag is longer and only has 8 gallon tanks cut is good.
exmark is lighter and overall a better machine now if you move up in the scag it would be more comparble but the model you are asking about exmark is better.
Also the the scags are rediculous in price.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
07-13-2007, 08:14 PM
The Exmark AS with the Proven Ultra -Cut deck is a sure winner and ive hear there loving the big Kawi with the 28 Lots of Power $7999,00 Here in M.D.