PDA

View Full Version : Quick 36 or Trimstar Gear

nick858
07-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Looking at a 36 inch entry level wb. I have about 4 hours of cutting per week I would use it on, just getting too much for the 21 inch. I have a Hustler Dealer in town, and I currently have 2 super Zs. The Quick 36 delivered would come in around 2600 with the 14.5 Briggs. The Trimstar gear drive will be right at 2800 plus tax for the 15hp Kaw Kai. Without an opportunity to demo the units, Id like to have some opinions. Is the hydro drive of the Quick worth it over the dealer support for the gear drive Hustler?

Turf Professionals Inc.
07-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Why are you not able to demo? If the dealer will not let you demo a unit, then they do not have good support! I do not know much about the Quick 36 unit, but my local dealer told me that the gear drive Trimstar from Hustler will no longer be made after this year. They will still offer the Hydrostatic WB though. The reason I bring this up is, kind of makes me wonder how long they will continue to make parts for the Trimstar. I want a Hustler Hydro WB! Those things perform sweet!

nick858
07-13-2007, 01:22 PM
I mainly meant I couldnt demo the Quick, it is my understanding they dont have dealers for demos. The Hustler Hydro wb looks nice, but its out of my price range for what Im using it for. It may be hard to believe, but there arent any dealers here in Central Iowa that keep walk behind mowers on hand. Most have never even sold a wb. So Im hoping I can get ahold of the Hustler Rep for my area, and see if he can bring a demo unit.

DSTC
07-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Looking at a 36 inch entry level wb. I have about 4 hours of cutting per week I would use it on, just getting too much for the 21 inch. I have a Hustler Dealer in town, and I currently have 2 super Zs. The Quick 36 delivered would come in around 2600 with the 14.5 Briggs. The Trimstar gear drive will be right at 2800 plus tax for the 15hp Kaw Kai. Without an opportunity to demo the units, Id like to have some opinions. Is the hydro drive of the Quick worth it over the dealer support for the gear drive Hustler?

Why not get the Quick 36 Samurai with the 16HP Kaw? Probably be about the same price as the gear drive hustler your looking out.

nick858
07-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Im certainly not against that. Im just looking for some opinions on the Quick Hydro vs the Hustler Gear. I havent been around walk behinds at all, so I dont know how much difference the hydro will make over the gear drive. There seems to be a lot of good talk about the Quick on here, but there is also quite a few low hour quicks for sale in the classifieds for some reason. The other thing Im not sure about is lack of dealer support. I know you get a price break for that with the Quick, but I know if my Hustler breaks I am only a mile from the dealer.

RM n WS
07-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Quick 36, no doubt about it! Mine is 3 years old and still runs great. Get the model that is the cheapest and lightest. I have the superfox with a 13hp briggs. I can see the extra perks on the other models but I don't need them.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
07-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Hear d lots of good things about the Quick 36 , a friend of my has one and likes it,Hustler will be making only hydro's next year for there walk-behinds so the rep here in M.D. Said.

Snowman269
07-13-2007, 11:11 PM
I know you didn't post about the hydro, so take this for what it's worth to you.

The Hustler Trimstar 17hp 48" Hydro is so sweet! I just picked mine up Tuesday. The 52" Toro WB is so gone! I can't say I've ever operated a walkbehind as smooth & easy to operate as the hydro. It's a premium machine. Hustler isn't selling Gear Drives, that's why they are discontinuing them. People price the Gear Drives & then buy the Hydros. Yeah it's more $$$, but absolutely worth it.

thesargent
07-14-2007, 01:13 AM
if you have a husqvarna dealer around AT LEAST go look at them. you can get a 36 dual hydro with 15 horse kawasaki and ets controls for 3300.00 most on here say they are junk, but im here to say different. at least check em out.

nick858
07-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I have yet to find a dealer of any brand within 100 miles of me that has a walk behind on hand. Most have never even sold one. Hopefully I can find a dealer with something on hand I can try. I saw the Trimstar Hydro on my Hustler Reps trailer, and looked it over. Looks like a sweet machine, but at 5k Im out of the running for that. Just dont have enough use for a walkbehind around this area. Thanks again for the posts.

Rob.C
07-14-2007, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=Turf Professionals Inc.;1895329]Why are you not able to demo? If the dealer will not let you demo a unit, then they do not have good support! I do not know much about the Quick 36 unit, but my local dealer told me that the gear drive Trimstar from Hustler will no longer be made after this year. They will still offer the Hydrostatic WB though. The reason I bring this up is, kind of makes me wonder how long they will continue to make parts for the Trimstar. I want a Hustler Hydro WB! Those things perform sweet![/QUOTE
Trimstar hydro is the best wb I have ever used thats the only wb I will ever use.

Howard Roark
07-14-2007, 09:47 PM
At 4 Hours per week mowing I would say a dealer is a non-issue. We use the Quick 36's and put that and more on per day, and the folks at Better Outdoor have customer service second to none.

Samurai is what you need!