PDA

View Full Version : Rain Rain go away

Turf Dawg
07-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Man I wished this rain would go away for awhile. My whole town smells like a lake [kinda looks like one also]. I reaallllyyyy wish I could send some of you some. My grandfather always said be careful what you wish for and after wishing, praying and begging for rain the last two years I think he was right because now it will not stop. In 05 and 06 we had the worse droughts in like 85 years. Now I think the paper said this is the most rain since they started keeping records. I am thankfull I have so many commercial accounts or I would be looking for another job. There has been several companies already closing down. Hell we went to an apartment complex that we had not hit in 19 days and still had to skip quite abit because it is still under about 1.5" of water. When we do get like 2 days without rain the phone starts ringing off the hook with people wanting to know if we can get there before it rains again. The problem is it takes 6 days running two trucks to mow all the accounts during normall growth. I had to quite even looking at landscape jobs because there is 6 or7 on hold right now. Oh well if I don't have to close up shop I will have work for awhile. P.S. I have a grasshopper mower for sell in the other forum if anybody is getting to mow.

All_Toro_4ME
07-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Same weather pattern for us as well Turf. Unbelievable amount of rainfall and flooding.

SLCINC
07-13-2007, 05:27 PM
really, we are wishing for some rain here in Michigan. Usually its suppose to be the other way around. We've been on a 8 week drought, its really bad! about half of the lawns are dried out