vipermanz
08-31-2001, 03:29 AM
How Exactly Do Your Blancers Work? I am confused!:confused:

Eric ELM
08-31-2001, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by vipermanz
How Exactly Do Your Blancers Work? I am confused!:confused:

It works very good, does that answer your question? :D

If you look at a picture of it, there is a cone shaped part that you slip the center hole of the blade over and then you slide the magnet back until it grabs the blade. All of this is on bearings so when you let go of the blade, the heavy end will go down. If it doesn't move, it's balanced.

The reason for the cone shaped part is so you can balance any blade with any size diameter hole in the center.

There is an adjustable rod also mounted to this that you can move until it about touches the one end of the blade. You then rotate the blade 180 degrees and see if it is the same distance from the rod on that end too. This checks for bent blades. I have blades I was sure that they were not bent, but I was wrong. This is a very precise tool for blades.

vipermanz
08-31-2001, 06:37 PM
oh, ok now i see what the magnet is for, seeing "magnets" in the description confused me!:blush:

Thanks For The Answers!

Magna-Matic
08-31-2001, 11:32 PM
Eric outlined it quite well, but i thought i'd add some more info to make it clear for you.

The rings that you see is the magnet, it is very strong it will hold the heaviest of commercial blades. This magnet is on a very accurate grease slide. So when you have located the blade hole on the cone you then slide the magnet towards the blade. The magnet will grab the blade, while keeping the concentric center hole mounted, as you measure the blade's out of balance condition.

The balancer is wall mounted, not to be confused with the table top (teeter-totter) type blade balancer.

If we have not answered your question, please reply, so that I can better explain the balancer.

Thank you for your interest.

GreenQuest Lawn
09-01-2001, 12:43 AM
I have to add, well worth the money:blob3:

bridges
09-19-2001, 07:44 PM
Looking a the photo of the balancer, Do you put the blade on it the way it is or do take the magnet then put the blade on?

Tony

bridges
09-21-2001, 07:49 PM
How long does it take for you guys to answer my question??

Magna-Matic
09-21-2001, 08:45 PM
You want to have the magnet slide all the way back to start. Then hold the blade with 2 hands and locate the hole on the cone. At the same time use your 2 index fingers to pull the magnet slide towards you (towards the back of the blade), until the magnet grabs the blade.

The magnet is on a super accurate grease slide, and does not come off of the balancer. The magnet only slides along the cone's sleeve.

If i have not answered your question, please re-post it in more detail or call us on our toll free number.

Thanks for the question,

wxmn6
03-16-2002, 11:33 PM
How efficient is the blade balancer? Roughly how much do it extend the life of lawn mower and the saving in fuel? Thanks.

Magna-Matic
03-16-2002, 11:58 PM
Hello,

You posed very good questions, but i regret to tell you that to accuratly give you an answer we would have to test every mower, engine type, and blade type combination to accomodate everyone efficiency statistics. The quality of your mower's parts also affect this.

We have not done any tests of this sort, because of the amount and variations of mowers made today. There is also the factor of the level of care and maintenance that you give your mower, this will have an effect on the outcome you will see after using our balancer.

You have a potential to gain some fuel economy and extend mower component life, by accuratly balancing your blades

Having something (a mower blade) in rotational motion "in balance" eliminates vibration. Vibration consumes horsepower from your machine, and if your blades are in balance you can re-capture lost horsepower. This re-gain in horsepower will affect the fuel economy, and cutting power.

The components that the balancer saves the most directly are the bearing blocks on decks, and the drive shaft bearings on walk-behinds.

If you have any other questions, please post, email, or call us.
Thank you,