PDA

View Full Version : rock hard high mileage trailer tire

grass disaster
07-13-2007, 05:16 PM
what ply should i get. i'm getting lots of holes/air leaks

what would be a good long lasting trailer tire.

the ones on there now only have about 6k miles on them and they are shot. holes everywhere.

i'm ok with buying off the internet if they are not too expensive. i can put them on myself.

SiteSolutions
07-13-2007, 10:16 PM
I just bought a set of 10 ply rating tires; they're radials which my tire man said should hold up better. I have been through a lot of tires, too. I will sit back and see what others recommend.

Drew Gemma
07-13-2007, 10:52 PM
I used to by 8 ply tr. tires every year 3/4 year through they started going one at a time thats 4 tires a year almost on all my trailers. this year our trailer axel got bent? sucks so until I replace the axel I have been running cheap used car tires which is a pian but half the price I really need good tr. tires also high or low price none ever last!

grass disaster
07-14-2007, 08:23 AM
michelin ltx m/s is what i just put on the truck in spring.

they have a deep tread though. i was thinking of putting these on the trailer too. it's an E rated tire

would this be a good selection?

SiteSolutions
07-14-2007, 01:03 PM
michelin ltx m/s is what i just put on the truck in spring.

they have a deep tread though. i was thinking of putting these on the trailer too. it's an E rated tire

would this be a good selection?

My 10-ply trailer tires cost about $110 each and are Load Range E (~2800 lbs each at 80 psi); I bet the truck tires would run you a good bit more. IMHO, I wouldn't put truck tires on the trailer; they're designed for two different kinds of use.

Another thing to consider is weight you will be hauling; My trailer weighs in around 10,000# fully loaded. I have been using Load Range D but the E tires are supposed to handle the weight better and maybe last longer. I would get the next size up from whatever your maximum weight requires.

Example: 10,000# / 4 = 2500# per tire. The D can handle 2500 each, but the E is the next size up at around 2800 ea.

grass disaster
07-14-2007, 01:41 PM
well i did some calling around i think i'm going to go with the Carlisle Radial Trail.

price of about $400 for 4 for mount and balancing

ATL Lawn
07-15-2007, 10:38 PM
what you mean holes? (nails)?

grass disaster
07-16-2007, 03:09 PM
what you mean holes? (nails)?

yeah

nails , small rocks. you name it it seems to be puncturing the tire