PDA

View Full Version : olde quarry

skidster32
07-13-2007, 06:57 PM
has anyone ever used unilocks olde quarry stone before? if so how do u like it. im building teard planter with it right now and i love it.

richallseasons
07-13-2007, 11:10 PM
I just did a small wall with it and I thought it was a decent material, I will be using it again in the next two weeks as a fire pit.

skidster32
07-14-2007, 03:22 AM
its great for fire pits because of the easy curves, but if ur doing a taller wall with it, make sure u dont exceed 30". allot of people dont know this but when u do set back with this block ur suppose to use the dimple side up and the plastic tubing on every joint. because if u dont use the dimple side up the grooves dont match up.

richallseasons
07-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Yes I would never use this product for any wall application that other than small decorative, there is no lateral strength or retaining characteristics beyond 2 or 3 courses.

D Felix
07-15-2007, 12:13 AM
Other than the friggin caps being screwy angles, I don't have a problem with it. Three different caps make it a PITA for anything other than a straight wall... And you can't specify any certain cap combo either.

We haven't used olde quarry much, but I've got a feeling we will use more of it. Just wish it was easier to make reasonable steps with.

Still haven't found anything that will beat VL in terms of ease of use though........

richallseasons
07-16-2007, 08:52 PM
Other than the friggin caps being screwy angles, I don't have a problem with it. Three different caps make it a PITA for anything other than a straight wall... And you can't specify any certain cap combo either.

We haven't used olde quarry much, but I've got a feeling we will use more of it. Just wish it was easier to make reasonable steps with.

Still haven't found anything that will beat VL in terms of ease of use though........

My dealer turned me on to using the coping from the estate wall for the old quarry one size with some units being corners, check it out next time your at the yard.