PDA

View Full Version : Buying a new Leaf blower need help

TazLandscapes
07-13-2007, 07:07 PM
I am looking at buying a new backpack blower because my redmax eb7001 is having problems.
I am looking at Echo's line of blowers perferably either the Pb413t or pb261there both in my price rangebut i didnt know how could they are any input is appreciated.

Thanks
Mike DiBiase

ed2hess
07-13-2007, 07:21 PM
So what is wrong with Redmax....?

South Florida Lawns
07-13-2007, 07:31 PM
don't know much about Echo's what price range are you looking at?

IN2MOWN
07-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Dont buy an Echo.

Personally I use Stihl. Always have an always will.

traman
07-13-2007, 07:52 PM
I am looking at buying a new backpack blower because my redmax eb7001 is having problems.
I am looking at Echo's line of blowers perferably either the Pb413t or pb261there both in my price rangebut i didnt know how could they are any input is appreciated.

Thanks
Mike DiBiase to be honest ,if you like the power of your eb7001 you are going to small of a blower at the 413 or 261 range . i woun't go any smaller than a pb 620 . the eb 7001 is at least 200mph and 620 cfm the 413 and the 261 are only 150+ mph and 330 cfm

JBlawncare
07-13-2007, 08:35 PM
I bought a Stihl Br550 and it is great. It helped me sooo much with fall cleanups. I think you should look into the Stihl blowers...

walkerowner06
07-13-2007, 09:00 PM
i would get the redmax ebz7001

RM n WS
07-13-2007, 09:10 PM
I don't recommend the echo. I have had 3 and they don't last. The stihl br 600 is my favorite of all.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
07-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Do any of you guys on here ever compare apples to apples or for that matter read the orginal question? He's looking for something less then $300, and he's asking about TWO certain models. Everyone keeps recommending $500 and up blowers. I would like to think the orginal poster realizes there will be a difference in power but price is an issue. The 413 will work just fine on smaller jobs but you'll wish you had a little more power on large areas.

TazLandscapes
07-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Sorry guys i should have put this in the original post.
On the redmax the killswitch wiring is toast someone i let use it cut the two wires underneath and everytime i use it it takes two people to shut off.one to hold the wires together and one to hit the switch. I tried to rewire it and it wouldnt kill the motor.And I basicaly have a budget of about $300-350 i personnaly would love another redmax but there just out of my price range..

Thanks again
Mike

turfcaster
07-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Pawnshop ,Stihl 420

cgaengineer
07-15-2007, 11:42 PM
If that was the only thing that was wrong with it and you didnt want to fix it...I would just choke it...that will kill it (You may have to clean out spark arrestor frequently)

HS Football Rules
07-16-2007, 08:53 AM
if you can find one look at stihl 380..if not, then the 420....
any weaker than that and you we be unhappy..
anything less than 175mph will cost you time and $$$$..
it's the whole..."pay me now or pay me later" principle..good luck:usflag:

supercuts
07-16-2007, 01:55 PM
Do any of you guys on here ever compare apples to apples or for that matter read the orginal question? He's looking for something less then $300, and he's asking about TWO certain models. Everyone keeps recommending $500 and up blowers. I would like to think the orginal poster realizes there will be a difference in power but price is an issue. The 413 will work just fine on smaller jobs but you'll wish you had a little more power on large areas.

well put, im happy with the echo's, nothing but good luck with them. trimmers are a different story. i would try to up the model if possible, its a big jump with the bigger ones if your using it often

J&R Landscaping
07-16-2007, 05:11 PM
I would look at the Shindaiwa eb630. I have an Echo 403 backpack blower and it does ok for grass and light leaves. For larger amounts of leaves, I would want to move up to a larger machine.

lawnboy dan
07-16-2007, 08:08 PM
pawn shop sthil 420-usually many to chose from but you can just choke your redmax to kill it

TazLandscapes
07-16-2007, 08:21 PM
I have been choking it to kill it but it takes a long time to kill it.I talked to a dealer to today they want me to bring it in so they can look at it they said there probably gonna have to rewire the entire killswitch setup.I am probably gonna go and buy the echo pb413 for now and use it as a backup blower until i get the redmax fixed.but when the leaves start to fly it will be nice to have two blowers going at once..

Thank you guys for helping me
Mike DiBiase

lawnboy dan
07-16-2007, 09:56 PM
the 413 is very weak-get a new sthil 320 or 420 -you will thank me later

drillbit
07-16-2007, 10:58 PM
Stihl without question..

jsaunders
07-16-2007, 11:16 PM
It shouldn't take long to get it fixed- see if the dealer will give you one to use while yours is down or what it would cost to rent one for a week- $100 is still alot cheaper than buying another- Any friends that you could borrow one from?
I would bite the bullet and try to scrounge up another $150 so you can get another big one. The small blowers are light- that is the only good thing they have going for them.
Joel

TazLandscapes
07-19-2007, 01:24 PM
well i went to my dealer and told me it is going to run me about $150-200
he said there going to take the entire thing apart and rewire the entire killswitch for me.And i am thinking about getting another redmaz blower i am just going to put out a loan on it.I would like another 7001 but what other redmaxs are good.I am looking at the EBZ8001 blower and what do you guys think of this weedwacker.

http://catalog.redmax.com/MyCart/ProductDetails/44/EXZ2401S-BC_EXtreme_Multi-Unit.aspx

i thought i would post it here and not open a nother thread for something simple as this

thanks
mike

themowerman
07-19-2007, 01:41 PM
You don't need to rewire the entire kill switch......you need Switch
part #T4012-25511 which lists at $6.17, and #2750-73200 which lists at $3.92. If your throttle control is on the left side on a lever this is all you need. If you have the remote handle that is on the blower tube you need #T4023-25740 which lists at $1.79, #T4023-25750 which lists at $1.79, and #2750-73200 Which lists at $3.92.
There is nothing to replacing these parts and as you see the cost is dirt cheap. You said that it is only the wiring so you don't need the coil.

saw man
07-19-2007, 02:09 PM
If the budget is still $300-$350 then get the Redmax 4401

TazLandscapes
07-19-2007, 03:39 PM
themowerman where did you get those prices and parts at i have been all over the internet and dealers looking for parts to try and do it myself.
I am just going and get a loan tommorrow from the bank or the dealer and get a new redmax blower but i also want the redmax multi unit trimmer and probably get a new chainsaw.

Thanks
Mike

saw man
07-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Why the multi unit trimmer?
Its best if you get seperate pieces, if your power head goes down you are out of all that equipment.

Just a thought

themowerman
07-19-2007, 04:50 PM
You can go here to look up parts http://redmax.infoaccessipl.com/default.aspx
You can get the parts from any dealer including your own. Prices came from a dealers price book......

jsaunders
07-19-2007, 06:13 PM
A loan to get a blower? I would get the listed parts and fix it yourself- if things are that tight for a small purchase something it wrong. NO one has one for you to borrow?

TazLandscapes
07-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Sorry about the confusion i am going to see the dealer tommorrow to either a get the parts to fix it myself or have them take a look at it to see how much it is worth to fix or if it is fixable.Its an older blower like 9-10 years old.
I am going to see about getting a loan tommorrow to get a new backup blower and a new multi unit trimmer.I would have had the funds already but i just spent about $2000.00 to get my truck inspected and have new ball joints and brakes and valve cover and exhaust gaskets put in and my john deere is going into the shop tommorrow.I am looking at another $2000.00 just to fix that the transmission i think is going and it snapped 4 drive belts already.My dad said he wold have let me borrow the money but between the truck and john deere he said the funds are getting low.

Thanks
Mike

Roy D. Mercer
07-21-2007, 12:59 AM
I just purchased the Redmax EB7001RH, I thought it was the EBZ until I got home and actually paid attention. Does anyone know if there is a difference in quality or is the Strato-Charged just more powerful?

Thanx for any info.

TazLandscapes
07-27-2007, 12:24 AM
Well I wanted to let everyone know i do not own the Redmax Blower Anymore.
I went to my dealer last friday and ordered the parts for it.And 2 hours later got a call from some guy that said i Had his Blower.So i went back to the dealer to find out whats going on.and figure out wh the guy is calling me and why does he have my number.Dealer told me that when they ran the S/N for the right parts it came up stolen And that it belonged to a good friend of his and was calling me and my friend both thieves.On Saturday morning i get a call from the local police that the guy was at the police station and wanted his blower back.I went to the police station with my friend and the minute we both walked in the guy started threating us both.the Cop came out and he talked to me and i told him that i bought it 3 years ago at a yard sale another LCO was havingThe guy that i bought it from even showed me the reciept From That dealer.so when the cop statrted talking to us both he asked the guy for a reciept and the guy showed him a service reminder and my friend said the guy had just written the serial number in the paper.I had told the cop in front of the guy that i had brought the blower into the dealer back in april to get some new blower tubes and a pull cord and there was nothing wrong with it. now 4 month later i gave up my blower to this guy to shut him up.So now i am using a Husqvarna 125bt Blower from lowes that sucks.
So i am looking for another blower before fall gets here I am looking at Either a Redmax Eb7001-Eb8001 Or An Echo Pb-751 blower.

Sorry for the long rant Benn in A Pissed off Mood Since Last week About this Bs
Thanks
Mike

stephenslawncare
07-27-2007, 12:34 AM
Redmax EBZ5000...$269.99...496 CFM @ Pipe...The most powerful blower for under $300.00!...BUY IT, I LOVE MINE!!!:cool2: :weightlifter: :usflag:

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
07-27-2007, 12:39 AM
I'd be at the dealer in a heart beat wanting to know what right they had to give my number as well as why they ran the number? Most places will just fix it and get paid.

TazLandscapes
07-27-2007, 10:02 AM
I'd be at the dealer in a heart beat wanting to know what right they had to give my number as well as why they ran the number? Most places will just fix it and get paid.

When i went back to the dealer to find out what the hell was going on. he said there is no law to give my information out if something i own is stolen.The guy that was at the police station who i gave the blower to was the dealers best friend.And now i am hearing that when the guy left the police station and went to the dealer.People said they were laughing and saying we screwed another one.But i have been told by numerous lco to not buy anything from this guy because he only treats the bigger companies nice and the smaller one man companys like we dont even belong there.

mike

All_Toro_4ME
07-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Drop that dealer in a heartbeat. Accounts will drop you if you don't service their lawn right, same logic should apply to dealers.

cgaengineer
07-27-2007, 11:33 AM
That is a crazy story...what a PITA dealer.

TazLandscapes
07-27-2007, 10:30 PM
I have already dropped this dealer.what sucks though is he is the walker distributor in this area there are other dealers 10 - 25 minutes from my house that i can go to. But when i need parts in a flash my other dealers order it from him and it always takes a week to get them at the dealers.So Basically i am going to save my money up for the next 7 weeks and go and buy another redmax blower for fall cleanups from another dealer.So i want to thank everyone for hearing me rant about this pos dealer and for helping me with blower decisions.

Thanks
Mike

Texas Aggie
07-29-2007, 12:05 AM
Dude, why in the world would you just give that guy back your blower? Just to shut him up isn't anywhere near a good enough reason. Don't let people walk all over you like that.