PDA

View Full Version : Watch Power Chutes In Action

Power Chute Design
07-13-2007, 08:11 PM
You can now see Power Chutes in action on our website. We now have four streaming videos on the website with more to come in the near future. Just remember that the 'model' Power Chute used in the video is a working unit that has seen better days as far as appearance.

The mayor
07-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Nothing for Encore and Toro...what's hub bub with that.

Grits
07-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Nothing for Encore and Toro...what's hub bub with that.

I can see why with Encore, but Toro?

Power Chute Design
07-14-2007, 12:23 AM
Actually I made final patterns for both Toro AND Scag mowers this morning. I'm going to start the CAD work tomorrow with hopes of taking final products back to the dealer for testing and pictures next week. So I am hoping to have models available for both Toro Turboforce & Scag Velocity Plus decks by next weekend.

Snowman269
07-14-2007, 12:54 AM
I can see the benefit with that device, it would have to be removed for the bagger.

Power Chute Design
07-14-2007, 07:02 PM
That's true, but we have several on mowers with baggers. When the bagger is used it only takes the removal of two bolts and the Power Chute is completely off of the mower.

treemonkey
07-14-2007, 07:15 PM
Since OEM chutes are safety devices, are there any legal concerns regarding modifying a mower with your product? Lets say a stone is thrown and someones eye is poked out in Red Rider fashion. Would a lawyer have a field day with your product installed, saying it was a non-OEM modification of a safety device?

SimonCX
07-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Any plans on making the power chute for bobcat mowers?

Runner
07-14-2007, 10:06 PM
So according to these videos, there is no variable on the chte being open or closed to control or direct. This is a MAJOR asset in doing cleanups - amongst other things.

MOturkey
07-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Hey, don't forget Gravely!

stuffdeer
07-14-2007, 10:36 PM
One more questions to add to the pond of questions above, any ideas on Cub Cadet's?

Mow It All llc
07-15-2007, 01:30 PM
I hate to be rude but what are the benifits??? The only thing I could think of is next a beds it could be closed......anything else???

Power Chute Design
07-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Actually there are several advantages.

The first is what you mentioned as being able to keep flowerbeds, mulched areas, drives and sidewalks clean of any clippings or debris that is thrown from under your deck. To a prefessional there is little that can be more embarassing than to have to clean clippings from a bed or to explain why the clippings are shot into the beddings surrounding a very expensive home or business.

Next is how well they work as a blower clearing debris from sidewalks and driveways.

There is also the advantage of using a Power Chute as a hard closure to avoid rocks or other dangerous debris from being thrown into the possible pathway of people or vehicles. I have had a few compliments from users when they heard a loud bang and realized that they just stopped a sizeable rock from being thrown out into moving traffic or towards a window.

I had one LCO tell me how he got out of an accusation that he broken out a large window in a house. After he had left he got a call from a frantic home owner wondering why his window had been broken the same period as his lawn mowed.

He explained well enough about using his Power Chute either fully closed or mostly closed when the discharge chute was facing large glass window that the home owner did look at other possibilities and found that local kids playing near by had accidently hit it with a baseball that they retrieved and too nervous to admit the breakage voluntarily.

Power Chutes are made from 10 gauge high tensile hardened steel. Not the much thinner mild steel used by every other OCDC made.

New uses are passed on to me every now and then.

Power Chute Design
07-15-2007, 05:20 PM
First Runner... Power Chutes can be opened or closed at any angle along the path. From fully closed to fully opened to any point in between.

Then TreeMonkey... There is a large sticker on all Power Chutes that has several warnings about using the Power Chute at any angle ABOVE that of the stock OEM chute deflector. The only reason it goes higher is to afford clearance through narrow gateways. I won't comment past that or take any responsibility how it is used by the operator or owner.

Ramairfreak98ss
07-15-2007, 05:51 PM
Well this thing looks neat, not even having to use your hand to toggle the switch etc, i think ill be ordering one for my 48" deck 1500z next week :)

ealbertson
07-15-2007, 06:58 PM
I would like to see a video of the cut from far enough behind to see if there are any grass rows.

Power Chute Design
07-15-2007, 10:59 PM
The only time you will get a (somewhat) dashed line of trimmings is when the grass is holding a lot of moisture. Right now (in our Iowa drought of three weeks) It works like a full blown mulch kit with hardly any clippings left at the discharge area.

There is a slick way of avoiding any discharge line at all and those instructions come with the Power Chute. It's simple.. when you are at the flowerbed you simply do your second pass away from the edge of the bed FIRST. With the Power Chute closed and the discharge facing in toward the bed. Then do your trimming pass SECOND with the Power Chute open and facing away from the bed. Any clippings left by the closed Power Chute are blown out into the grassy area with the rest of the exiting clippings.

WildLake
07-16-2007, 09:59 PM
I have used chute covers for years and an actual powerchute for about a month. I don't know how guys mow without one. There isn't one lawn where we don't use the chutes to keep clipping out of beds, pools, ponds, etc. Makes blowing drives much faster by creating additional velocity. If near a pet, car, kid, etc, you just close it and no worries. I use it as a selling tool on estimates, people seem to love the idea. I am so hooked that we will never own a mower without one again.

fiveoboy01
07-16-2007, 10:17 PM
I hate to be rude but what are the benifits??? The only thing I could think of is next a beds it could be closed......anything else???

Um, that's the MAIN REASON to have an OCDC... Keeping clippings out of areas you don't want them...