PDA

View Full Version : FYI on Honda mower stress fracture

jsf343
07-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Just FYI for anyone with the micro-cut Honda commercial mowers (21") We had a stress fracture that occured at the base of the handle bars, right where the three bolts are that attach it to the back of the deck. I was really quite frustrated especially since the warrenty was up in late May. I took it in to get it fixed and shortly after getting back home my crew calls saying the same thing happened on another Honda. Ended up talking with my sales guy to tell him the whole sory and how I think it is a manufacture's defect or poor design. He called Honda and come to find out it is starting to happen on the new micro cuts quite a bit, they agreed to cover it.:clapping: So, if you have one keep your eyes open for this stress fracture, you don't want to be broke down in the field.

Also, Honda does now have a fix, we will see how well it holds up.

Just FYI for all my lawn care brothers... and sisters:laugh:

jsf343
07-14-2007, 05:08 PM
Huh, I ust be the only one with Honda mowers? :confused: Maybe nobody else is having issues. Good to see.

john_incircuit
07-14-2007, 05:40 PM
What is the fix from Honda, do you have any pics?

jsf343
07-14-2007, 06:44 PM
they slightly beefed up the handle bars (although I can't tell) and put in shorter bolts. Not sure what the results will be yet, we will see. As for pic's I will try and take some when there is time. (Company coming in from Idaho)

JFGLN
07-14-2007, 10:30 PM
We had the bars break on one of our Honda.

jsf343
07-15-2007, 12:11 AM
We had the bars break on one of our Honda.

Did you say... "Dang it man!"

talk with Honda or better yet the sales rep.

JFGLN
07-15-2007, 01:38 AM
Actually, it was still under warranty. The dealer had it fixed the day after we dropped it off. I think that when the mower gets clogged with wet grass, we were using the handle to tip it on it's side. The older models have a stronger handle with a cross brace and could take the stress. Now when we tip the mower, we don't use the handle.