PDA

View Full Version : John Deere Reliable?

realtree27
07-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Iam demoing a JD 757 and I like it but iam just curious to know from people that have them or had them? Are they reliable machines?

Thank Marc Davis

Sammy
07-13-2007, 09:28 PM
In a word .......... Yes.

EJD Lawnpride
07-13-2007, 09:36 PM
I have a 737 and 757. They are great machines.

GreenT
07-13-2007, 09:46 PM
I don't own one but my son does. He mows 54 acres weekly (full time job) with exactly the same model you are looking at.

This is a military/law enforcement training facility in the Florida panhandle. Nothing but bahia grass in sandy and uneven conditions.

I'm not talking lawns, I'm talking fields, with no problems at all, other than going thru a lot of blades.

I considered the JDs when I was looking at zero turns and the only reason I bought the Hustler was because of the smoother ride with the flex forks. I'm 50 with lower back problems and do mostly large properties (a lot of time mowing) so I went with the added comfort.

mag360
07-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Very little down time with these machines.

robbo521
07-14-2007, 12:35 AM
very good.

lawnprosteveo
07-14-2007, 12:44 AM
Ive only owned a Deere a short time (5 months). Built well, great cut....I think youll be happy with it.

Americal Vet
07-14-2007, 01:21 AM
I mow 42 acres on a military installation with challenging slopes and a butt load of trees. The JD 757 has been a great addition to my equipment and is my primary machine for that job. My dealer/service department has been excellent.

deereman
07-14-2007, 05:43 PM
Thats all we run and we love them! I have tried others but I have had the best luck with the Deere's. They get ran hard, day in and day out with ZERO downtime. We have very strict maintenance schudules for all mowers and I think that it pays off showing our current repairs bills that are really non- existant. They get ran thru an aray of different types of properties that include but not limited to. State propertys (military base) Large industrial propertys, Medical and office facilitys, to the residntials, to the very worst for mowers at least, cemeterys and we do fairly large ones with tons of stones. A lot of our propertys are also in spots that are very steep. So as you can see all the types of propertys that we maintain, we strongly rely on the Deere's. I dont think that you could go wrong if you are considering a Deere as a purchase.

Sammyv
07-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Never any problems with my 717A. Three years old and never in the shop. Routine maintenance only.

POPO4995
07-15-2007, 11:38 AM
In 2 years, Ive had my 737 in the shop for about 20 minutes... for a flat tire. They are unstoppable and wont let you down!:usflag:

copeblk
07-15-2007, 11:46 AM
have had ours for 4 yrs. this spring, a sticky throtle cable. actualy only 1 flat in 4 years. and replaced the clutch last year. other than that awesome machine.

rh455
07-15-2007, 12:41 PM
I bought a 717A about a month ago and love it. I cut my lawn twice a week and look forward to it. When I bought, I compared to the Skag Tiger Cub and they were close. The photo in the brochure shows the mower with the steel front forks(flex forks?) which did not impress me. It would seem that at that angle, they would break years down the line. The next day after I looked at the JD, I went back to buy and they took one down in the crate to assemble. I noticed that the forks are thick cast iron which to me will last a lot longer then the steel forks at a bad angle. The more I look at it, the more I see how well built it is.

NewHorizon's Land
07-15-2007, 01:45 PM
I have the 997 diesel. First time in the shop was for the engine blowing a bluish smoke (oil level was fine), deck was not balanced and the tires leak air (left side only). Everything was fixed except tires. I have had it since beginning of May 2007 and the left side tires still leak(up to 2 lbs per day). Other than minor stuff it has been good.