PDA

View Full Version : Wand extensions

zz4guy
07-13-2007, 09:11 PM
How do you guys get the tall gables on houses?? I just got done with a house with a 20 foot gable. NOT fun standing on an exension ladder with a 2200 psi wand!

I got it done but it was a pain and tookk forever and wasn't safe. How do you guys attack the tall and/or hard to reach areas of a house?

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
07-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Well i am 6 feet tall with my arms stretched 8 feet with a 7 feet wand and extensions from 8 feet also.

Turf Terror
07-14-2007, 12:12 AM
I just got a call today to do a landscape customer's pool enclosure. There was a lot of algae and mold on the white aluminum framing. I went to Northern Hardware and bought one of their extension poles. They come in 12', 18', and 24' lengths. I bought the 18'($119.00) and it worked great. The only problem was...after using it for two hours, I thought my shoulders were going to fall off.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
07-14-2007, 12:33 AM
They have a belt with those that help,i have two bought em new never used em.

FCPWLLC
07-17-2007, 06:57 AM
No need for ladders, extention poles and especially no need for 2200 psi. House washes can be done with feet firmly on ground and around 40-100 psi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NoU_t1p4Qs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HAHW4LDfAw

Truly Beautiful Lawn Care
08-22-2007, 11:29 PM
You're the man FCPWLLC! Read your post and checked out the youtube link. Did my first 2 story home today using a ball valve that I already had. The customer was very pleased! All stains, mold and mildew were gone. I simply used a heavy degreaser mixed with the Home Depot bleach. Applied with the ball valve that left a nice thick foam on the surface. Rinsed off after a 5-10 minute dwell time and it was a done deal! And to think, I left my extension wand end fitting at the house... didn't even need it!!!

FCPWLLC
08-23-2007, 07:23 AM
You're the man FCPWLLC! Read your post and checked out the youtube link. Did my first 2 story home today using a ball valve that I already had. The customer was very pleased! All stains, mold and mildew were gone. I simply used a heavy degreaser mixed with the Home Depot bleach. Applied with the ball valve that left a nice thick foam on the surface. Rinsed off after a 5-10 minute dwell time and it was a done deal! And to think, I left my extension wand end fitting at the house... didn't even need it!!!

Now I'm blushing. More than one way to skin a cat. Once you realize that detergents and low pressure are all that is needed, then you can be creative and versatile.

BabyJon
08-25-2007, 11:21 PM
OK pleeze could you explain the ball valve and down streamer to me I know what a Down streamer is But what does the ball valve do and where does it go

Truly Beautiful Lawn Care
08-26-2007, 10:34 PM
The ball valve is simply a valve with a handle that is coupled to your house. The way it worked for me is that I opened the valve full flow... noticed chemical discharge and throtlled down on the valve and got about a 15 second dishcharge of chemicals. The main reason for a ball valve is that you can switch applications (wand, surface cleaner etc.). But I now use it for the application as per video posted by the pressure washing guru FCPWLLC!

chefwong
03-24-2008, 12:28 PM
A thread from the past.....

I take a standard ball valve on one end.

Use one of these with a tube to a bottle of chemical
http://www.pressuretek.com/adamsinjector1.html

Turn the loader down to 85 PSI
Spray and then rinse and grab some beers ;-) ??

mgramling
03-28-2008, 06:02 PM
I have been wondering have you guys ever thought about one of these a roller pump.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200323963_200323963

I used this hooked up to a 3.5hp motor 100gal tank. to wash vech's with.

I have it set at 125psi. Use 5/8" hose and just use a typical water nozzle.

I can run it all day long with no problems. Now I am just using plain water to.

I bet you could use it with a chemical tank, a Y-connector to connect both tanks, witha ball valve to switch between the two. And find the right nozzle it would work. I just haven't figured out how the agitation from the pump to the tank would work with using two tanks. Unless you use a downsteamer. But haven't figured out how it would work.

I still haven't figured out in the video's above. How its swapping from soap to clean water though. just by using the ball valve with the guy in video.

DAFFMOBILEWASH
03-28-2008, 11:31 PM
Yep once again it is proven it is not the pressure rather than the volume which will clean!!! Last summer Had a 5 storey appartment complex to clean. The building was covered in Pigion droppings. Gave the owner two options high pressure and a boom or low pressure from the ground. The owner opted to save 50% and go with the ground method to start. Using the pressure washer to inject the chemicial onto the building and then rinsing with the fire hose. To be honest I couldn't get over how nice the old building come out. Although I did use 1800gal of water.

DAFF

FCPWLLC
03-29-2008, 10:41 AM
I have been wondering have you guys ever thought about one of these a roller pump.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200323963_200323963

I used this hooked up to a 3.5hp motor 100gal tank. to wash vech's with.

I have it set at 125psi. Use 5/8" hose and just use a typical water nozzle.

I can run it all day long with no problems. Now I am just using plain water to.

I bet you could use it with a chemical tank, a Y-connector to connect both tanks, witha ball valve to switch between the two. And find the right nozzle it would work. I just haven't figured out how the agitation from the pump to the tank would work with using two tanks. Unless you use a downsteamer. But haven't figured out how it would work.

I still haven't figured out in the video's above. How its swapping from soap to clean water though. just by using the ball valve with the guy in video.

I just remove the soap tube from soap. It is a down-stream injector that wiil only draw soap while under low pressure. By "choking" the Ball-Valve further, you create too much back pressure to draw soap.

This video actually shows a demo of a similar pump set up... It is a Delavan Diamond series roller pump that is better capable of handling the bleach. There is a 3 way valve to switch from chem application to rinse water.

Bandit demo....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H27fFxs6Xnc

Bandit available here..... http://www.pressuretek.com/chemicalbandit.html

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-6302467517443_1992_1373611

mgramling
03-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Have you got a picture of your set-up. How its plumped at the pump. I don't do house washing but all I do wash is a company's 14 semi's and trailors. But I think that could speed me up. Especially without using two differant pumps.

Are you using a pressure washer or what type of pump. I wonder if you can find the correct fittings to adapt a down streamer to a roller pump.

A roller pump has 3/4 NPT female fittings then attach the down streamer, so that way the pump reagitation doesn't take the chemical back to the tank. So what it sounds like I could then just put a ball valve at the end of hose, when its wide open it draws the chemical but when it is partically closed it creates to much pressure then stops the down streaming. Is that basicly how your doing it?

DAFFMOBILEWASH
03-29-2008, 07:15 PM
For truck washing heat is the key, expecially in removing the grease and road film from the trucks. Plus higher pressure is needed to knock off the heavy debris. For this a 5GPM hot water skid unit would be optium for quality and speed.

DAFF

mgramling
03-30-2008, 08:28 AM
can you tell me what soap your using. also are you downing steaming onto the truck or using a differant type of sprayer for the soap.

I was looking into getting the soap from pressuretek.com but bob no longer sells it, I have read on pressuretek.com site that its great. I wanted to try it out first, and get the 10lb can first. Before I bought the 50lb can.

thanks,
Micheal

DAFFMOBILEWASH
03-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Micheal, we normally downstream the soap of the pump(high side), using a high quality touch free car wash solution. It will take time and practice in order to achieve the best results. Keep in mind touch free soaps will not eliminate scrubbing, once and a while the best results are achieved with hot soapy water and some elbow grease. This will also aid in reducing the paint from chalking and chemicial build up.

Stop in at your local drive thru car wash or coin operated wash place. You will find connections for chemicials and soap. Distributors will post contact numbers in view of the public.

DAFF