PDA

View Full Version : Echo pb2100 won't start?

echo77
07-14-2007, 12:13 AM
I changed the spark plug and the unit ran fine. I then decided to replace the fuel from last season and replace with fresh fuel. I had a three day span between the time I removed the fuel and then filled with the fresh fuel. Now the unit will show no signs of starting. I do not smell fuel after repeat attempts so I think that it is not getting any. Did something dry out?

echo77
07-14-2007, 07:12 PM
I detatched the carb and pumped the primer bulb to see if fuel will come out. No fuel was entering the carb. I then removed the fuel filter from the tank and reinstalled the fuel line to see if that was the problem but that did not work.

Any ideas?

Restrorob
07-14-2007, 08:35 PM
OK, Being honest here. I don't work on these smaller units just mowers etc. But, I have seen the fuel inlet screen inside the carb. get a film of oil over them which they call (varnished over) that keeps fuel from entering the carb.

This could be the problem since you stated the fuel had sat in the unit a while. A certain amount of fuel evaporates leaving a rich oil mix, It's possible the screen was already partly restricted then adding the older rich mix plugged it all the way.

Just a guess.....

echo77
07-14-2007, 09:27 PM
I removed the small cyilindrical relief valve off the third line coming from the fuel tank and then pressed the priming bulb and fuel shot out. I am not sure that this is wrong but it may help.

The unit ran perfect until I removed the old fuel, let it sit for three days and then filled with fresh fuel.

ed2hess
07-14-2007, 11:18 PM
I would take the carb off and take it apart and clean it out. There is a screen inside that may be clogged not letting fuel into cylinder. I would just get a carb kit and replace all the parts at the same time. I would replace fuel filter and breather if you haven't done that.

echo77
07-27-2007, 09:04 PM
It appears that the fuel line that runs into the pump cover is blocked. I can not blow any air through it. Is there a way that I can clean it out?