PDA

View Full Version : To much Husqvarna talk.(from me)

thesargent
07-14-2007, 01:17 AM
i just realized ive been posting alot about husqvarna w/b's. im just very happy with mine. its probably getting annoying to everyone who thinks they're total garbage so sorry bout that.:) but i do feel alot of people dont give them a shot just from what people say, but if more people demoed them they may change their minds. thats all, bye.
wayne

steve affordable lawn
07-14-2007, 06:16 AM
hey im with u brother just service my z walkbehind 2day love them here in charlotte not a hole lot of people around here only 1 dealer left 04wb 0648z::cool2:

LarryF
07-14-2007, 07:45 AM
i just realized ive been posting alot about husqvarna w/b's. im just very happy with mine. its probably getting annoying to everyone who thinks they're total garbage so sorry bout that.:) but i do feel alot of people dont give them a shot just from what people say, but if more people demoed them they may change their minds. thats all, bye.
wayne

That's interesting! Where were you last December when I was looking for a walk behind and posted an appeal for some information on the Husqvarna?
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=169489&highlight=husqvarna

I got zero responses, so I interpreted that to mean that either no one on LawnSite ever used one or 100 percent of those who did thought they were so terrible they weren't even worth complaining about. So I ended up getting a Quick 36 Samuarai in spite of the fact that the owner of BOP didn't think it would be adequate for mowing my hills. Actually, it's not bad, but not as good as I had hoped it would be.

TSG
07-14-2007, 08:01 AM
Around here (New England) most think of Husqvarna as a home owners mower.
The dealer also explained it that way to me and tried to steer me towards Ferrisssss

naturescape
07-14-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm considering the 48" WB w/ quick height adjust for next season. Not much in the way of dealers around here tho, and hard to demo one.

thesargent
07-14-2007, 12:20 PM
well its hardley a homeowner mower. a LarryF, sorry i didnt own it in december. but i would take this Husqvarna 36 inch dual hydro over a quick36 anyday. (not saying the quick is a bad mower at all).

LarryF
07-14-2007, 03:20 PM
well its hardley a homeowner mower. a LarryF, sorry i didnt own it in december. but i would take this Husqvarna 36 inch dual hydro over a quick36 anyday. (not saying the quick is a bad mower at all).

That's ok. I don't use the walk-behind much anyway; it's only for my hills. I have a first-rate Exmark ZTR for mowing most of my lot, but I'm too chicken to take it on steep slopes. But if the Husqvarna is as good as you say, I'm suprised there aren't a lot of LCOs who support that perception. I'm more easily influenced by their opinions than I could be from listening to a guy who sells mowers. As I said, I couldn't find a single person who had anything positive to say about it... not one in the whole wide world. There sure were many who raved about the Quick 36, however, so as I indicated earlier, that's the direction in which I went. The fact that I couln't find much technical information about the Husqvarna was also something of a setback; whereas, BOP's practice of describing it's machines in detail, showing films of them in operation and even answering emailed questions to them was a very big plus in helping me to make a decision.

thesargent
07-14-2007, 03:34 PM
i wish someone here, or close to me had an exmark, scag,etc.. so we could test them side by side. but there are none around my area. i know of on lco who has an older exmark belt drive, but i no there is no comparison between the two. can a 36 inch exmark viking really be worth almost $2000 more than my husqvarna? i doubt it but maybe im just ******ed. i still want to hear why husqvarna is bad, like what problems can i expect?

Grits
07-14-2007, 04:41 PM
I have a Husq. 48 WB belt. I had a few minor adjusting problems at first with it. But now I have no problems with the mower and it cuts great.

BMFD92
07-16-2007, 11:08 AM
i love my husqvarna equipment and get great service and response from dealer and local husqvarna sales rep

thesargent
07-16-2007, 12:08 PM
thanks grits and BMFD92, i also have great dealer support, they treat me geat they will sharpen band replace blades free for me, and i can bring something to them and they always try and fix it right then. i want to here negative experiences with husqvarna walk behinds, i dont care if you had a bad dealer experience, i want to hear if you had a bad product.

Pitbull05
07-16-2007, 12:16 PM
There is no such thing as too much Husqvarna talk to me. All of my equipment is Husqvarna and I plan on purchasing the WH3615E soon.

South Florida Lawns
07-16-2007, 12:53 PM
I see a lot of big companies run them down here.

flathead
07-16-2007, 01:27 PM
I have an iz 4819 and I love it.

JimQ
07-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Hey guys,

As good as Husqvarna is and as much as you (and I) may like the machines, don't forget... We've all got our issues. Yes... even the eXmarks and Scags.

I'll share some of the Husqvarna walk issues that I'm aware of...

ETS Control - careful with the link rods between the handle and pumps. If they get hit, (like on a trailer and something is not tied down) they can bend. This throws the neutral adjustment out of whack.

ETS Controls - The OPC switches are touchy and require careful adjustment to make sure they're working properly.

Caster spacer retaining clip. You know those little clips on the top of the casters that hold the height adjustment shims in place. Those darn things come off and get lost when mowing under shrubs, evergreens, etc... I personally use a bolt and nyloc.

36" fixed deck Hydro - Some pre-2007 models ate deck belts in the lowest fixed position. This has been addressed. Idlers were repositioned. A service kit is also available.

Weight distribution. There is an ongoing (probably never ending) debate, which is better heavy or light front end. Heavy keeps the front end on the ground but hillside performance is compromised. The fixed deck units are light in the front end, the floating deck units are heavy. I guess the types of properties you mow and maybe personal preference will dictate whether this is an issue.

I'm just keeping it real guys. Please don't get me wrong. I think its quality equipment at a fare price. As South Florida Lawns mentioned above " I see a lot of big companies run them down here." The big guys ARE starting to use the orange stuff for that reason. It really is decent equipment at a decent price.

I gotta stop now guys. That last part started to sound like a commercial. Sorta made me feel like the Meg-mo guy.. (JK MEG MO!!!)

Take care guys. Keep makin' mo money!
Q

thesargent
07-16-2007, 08:56 PM
thanks jimq. the only one of those things ive had happen was, i did have a lynch pin come off a caster, but i found it, i think i snagged it on a shrub. no problems with the ETS controls (yet). havent had any issues with the weight of the front end either. but my properties are all flat almost. thanks again.

mdlwn1
07-16-2007, 09:34 PM
A friend of mine had a Husky dealership, so I bought a new (in 00) 36 and 48 Wb belt. It was one of the better cutting machines I have used. Most of my turf was pretty flat and smooth. The rear weight bias was welcome in turning and putting them back on the trailer. I think a big factor was the flat blades. Most of the other machines had bends in the blades.

mdlwn1
07-16-2007, 09:39 PM
Almost forgot.....the string trimmer was heavy and broke week 3(plastic throttle trigger parts) The chainsaw was awesome! 55 rancher....most mid range torque that I've seen. Yes a stihl will out perform at high rpm, but my husky started on the 2nd pull no matter how long it sat.

thesargent
07-17-2007, 01:46 AM
sucks about your line trimmer, never used husqvarna handhelds just stihl.

John Gamba
07-17-2007, 06:23 AM
sucks about your line trimmer, never used husqvarna handhelds just stihl.

Try a 325 lx. it's awesome

BMFD92
07-17-2007, 08:27 AM
I only use husqvarna mowers but I am hearing some good things about their trimmers and if they didnt do anything with the redmax blowers except put there names on it then i think i might go all husqvarna with the exception of my push blowers which husqvarna doesnt make.