PDA

View Full Version : New Gravely WB 48"

AJ Lawnscapes
07-14-2007, 02:27 PM
My business partner and I just bought our first real mower.

It's a Gravely 1748H 48" WB. Has the adjustable deck and we got a block off plate and sulky.

Very happy with it. Just a matter of getting used to the controls. I'm used to the thumb controls of the old Ferris WB. The forward is controlled with two levers in the center console and breaking is done on the handles.

I'm getting used to it, but I've already ran into a few things :hammerhead: It's fun though. Can't wait to use it on some of our properties!

Heres a pic of Jon trying out the mower and sulky.

==Abe

SSS 18734
07-14-2007, 03:09 PM
looks awesome. Hydro and everything. It should make your jobs a lot easier and faster. Any reason you didn't want to go with the Pro-Steer, though?

AJ Lawnscapes
07-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Pretty much the price. We didn't get all the financing that we wanted, so we got what we could with what we got.

I enjoy it, want to run home and ride it right now. It's like Christmas in July!!

thesargent
07-14-2007, 04:38 PM
sweet machine, you will be very pleased with it. are you happy with the one wheeled sulkey? ive never used one(only a proslide), but they look uncomfortable to me, let me know how you like it.

AJ Lawnscapes
07-14-2007, 08:02 PM
The one wheel sulky is different for me. I never felt comfortable on them when I used ferris, but this one is very easy. It's going to make my legs stronger by far I definitely need to get Anti-Vibe gloves, the metal safety levers hurt the area between my thumb and index finger.

I look forward to getting these lawns done faster, it's definitely a money saver and will pay for itself in the end.

thesargent
07-14-2007, 08:18 PM
oh you will be surprised how much thats going to cut your time, your going to it. good job.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
07-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Nice mower ,I hear the proslide is a nice combo. But the velky will do great. Where is Jon's safety glasses. The machine will really cut your time down.

moremow
07-14-2007, 09:28 PM
I bought the gravely 48" 17hp hydro walkbehind this past march. It was my first walkbehind,,Mine is the pistol grips. I opted for that instead of the prosteer. It seemed to me that the pistols were a little more quick for me and comfortable than the prosteer. Both are good machines. Mine cuts great even at the higher 8mph. One of the things i will be getting is the operator controled discharge chute. That will come in handy when passing by flower beds and such. I have even mowed during rainstorm with this machine and the 48" over the 52" was the right move for me for residential. I picked up 3 properties that I have to go through gates that are about 50" wide. And one guy has an airconditoning system that i squeak by with about an inch to spare. This coming year if I get more accounts I will pick up a ztr to handle the more open larger properties to speed my work up a bit. I could do it with the walkbehind but if you do 8 or 10 properties a day in 95degree heat on a walk behind it wears a little on you. I figure there will be an even mix of properties where both a ztr and walkbehind will compliment one another. I may even pick up a used ztr. Gravely makes a great ztr as well. Hope you enjoy yours. The machine is built like a tank.