PDA

View Full Version : new sulky

Keegan
07-14-2007, 03:18 PM
I tried my very first sulky this morning.

I HATE IT!!

I felt I didn't have full control of the mower, too much bouncing, I had to constantly bend over to reach the controls causing my already bad back to hurt.
I'm going back to walking and hopefully next year a ztr

:walking:

thesargent
07-14-2007, 05:38 PM
thats why i got a proslide, they are very smooth and low, but expensive.

ed2hess
07-14-2007, 07:26 PM
We bought our first one last year and didn't get it on until a couple months ago but I like ours......exmark single wheel. After walking 20 years or so it is nice to ride some of the time.

Grits
07-14-2007, 07:34 PM
I use my Jungle wheels on all my properties but one. There is no way I would walk all of those properties.
Also, I find it easier to control with the Jungle Wheels.

ohanyan1
07-14-2007, 07:37 PM
I use my Jungle wheels on all my properties but one. There is no way I would walk all of those properties.
Also, I find it easier to control with the Jungle Wheels.

I second that.:waving:

TNT LawnCare Inc.
07-14-2007, 07:37 PM
What gear do you have it in. Or is the mower a hydro ? Try to just move the lever up one notch above what your walking, if the mower is a gear drive. Try to get used to it 1st before going Full throttle.

N.H.BOY
07-14-2007, 07:41 PM
I tried my very first sulky this morning.

I HATE IT!!

I felt I didn't have full control of the mower, too much bouncing, I had to constantly bend over to reach the controls causing my already bad back to hurt.
I'm going back to walking and hopefully next year a ztr

:walking:

I'll be the first to jump and ask if you would like to SELL it??? Im looking for one

Runner
07-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Lower the air pressure in your wheels. This will helps everything...the handling, the ride will be softened and smoothed exTENsively, and the ride will even be lowered just a tad bit.

kjslawn
07-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Just go slow for awhile I got good on my own yard and now I would never walk again. I can out mow my other guy and he's on my ztr. I have the origianal wright velkey 2 wheel love it

IHusky
07-15-2007, 04:09 PM
I agree, use it at a slower speed first and you will get the hang of it. I didn't like mine at first, but now I bi ch when I can't use it on a yard that is too steep.

TSG
07-15-2007, 04:43 PM
Is anyone here using the Bull rider
I am in the market and Hustler makes their own.
And Wright is supposed to make a good one
Thanks
Alan

N.H.BOY
07-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Is anyone here using the Bull rider
I am in the market and Hustler makes their own.
And Wright is supposed to make a good one
Thanks
Alan

Hey Alan --Scott here. check with jsaunders with that bull rider. Just went done to see him today with kingsbury and Joel has got one on his hustler. Nice set up never seen one before and they see pretty cool. Best when you back up it seems. Give him a shoot. Good luck

TSG
07-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Thanks Scott
jsaunders sent me in that direction,,,,,,,I have a demo scheduled this week
with the Hustler one,,,,,I hope to try the bull rider next weekend
Alan

acm8705
07-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Make sure your sulk isn't too long for your mower. I had a sulky on my toro and it worked great. I moved the sulky from my toro to a new scag and the sulky was too long. I have to arch my back to reach the controls like you say.

Sulkies are not a universal fit. Some mowers require a shorter connecting distance between the standing platform and the mower mounting point. Check to see if a shorter one could be used for your mower.

Once you find a sulky that fits, you will never walk a property again. You will also become much more productive. At the end of the day you won't be tired from constantly walking.

jsaunders
07-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Thanks Scott
jsaunders sent me in that direction,,,,,,,I have a demo scheduled this week
with the Hustler one,,,,,I hope to try the bull rider next weekend
Alan

To bad you aren't closer- you could try both of my hustlers with different sulkys. I haven't tried the Hustler sulky- the problem with the bull rider is you just have to watch out for the bed edges because the sulky will swing into the bed- easy to get use to avoid this 'problem'.
Joel

TSG
07-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Joel
Sent PM
Alan

bahamamills
07-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Is there an online dealer for the Bull Rider? I can't find them anywhere via google.....

Skimastr105
07-16-2007, 12:32 PM
I would get a proslide. They are expensive, but the ride is unbelievable. I had a jungle jim sulky before I got my proslide, and the difference is night and day. Besides a smooth ride, the sulky doesnt pivot, so you stay behind the controls when turning, like you would on a Bull Rider. The proslide enhances the striping effect of the mower and makes your lines really stand out.

I hope this helps, Alec.