PDA

View Full Version : Older Izuzu Cabover

Grass Happens
07-14-2007, 11:39 PM
I love the cab-over concept, with all of its well known benefits, however, i had a couple questions for you grizzled old mowing veterans:
1. How easy are they to get parts for? the one I'm looking at is a bit older, not sure how old, but only has 120-ish thousand miles. I'm told that they put that same basic in engine in just about everything, ever. O.K. maybe not, but i guess there pretty common. What about everything else? This one is a 5 speed with a "Minor" clutch issue, but the guy was willing to drive it to me from WI.
2. How much more do you get charged if you have them fixed? I figure since there imported AND commercial, you'll probably need a little extra lube for your bum.
The body is, um fair, although he does have new doors that come with it. its a smallish dump (I saw the truck for all of ten minutes) flat-bed. How hard/expensive is it to put those wicked cool removable beaver-tails on?
Thanks!
Josh

gene gls
07-15-2007, 09:58 PM
I love the cab-over concept, with all of its well known benefits, however, i had a couple questions for you grizzled old mowing veterans:
1. How easy are they to get parts for? the one I'm looking at is a bit older, not sure how old, but only has 120-ish thousand miles. I'm told that they put that same basic in engine in just about everything, ever. O.K. maybe not, but i guess there pretty common. What about everything else? This one is a 5 speed with a "Minor" clutch issue, but the guy was willing to drive it to me from WI.
2. How much more do you get charged if you have them fixed? I figure since there imported AND commercial, you'll probably need a little extra lube for your bum.
The body is, um fair, although he does have new doors that come with it. its a smallish dump (I saw the truck for all of ten minutes) flat-bed. How hard/expensive is it to put those wicked cool removable beaver-tails on?
Thanks!
Josh

There is a lot of "cab overs" on the market. What are you looking at? Mine is a 1999, no problem with parts.

Grass Happens
07-16-2007, 01:13 AM
its a bit older gmc/isuzu equipped with the turbo-disele. I waiting to get an email back with all the specs. Thanks

gene gls
07-16-2007, 08:10 PM
its a bit older gmc/isuzu equipped with the turbo-disele. I waiting to get an email back with all the specs. Thanks

Check the frame for rust. I had mine gone through last year for brakes, hoses, belts, muffler and pipes, new spring, and some other odds and ends....It came to $ 5400.00 and I only had 95000 miles.