PDA

View Full Version : overseeding this fall!

ozark
07-15-2007, 12:43 PM
I have a question regarding over-seeding my lawn this fall. My lawn is currently really thin and tends to burn out. There is virtually no shade and insects always tend to take over as well. This year i started a ortho weed b gone treatment and fertilization am very happy with results. When i get my lawn thickened up i plan on doing more insect control. The dilemma i have with seeding is this.....I have looked at 4 different kinds of seeds and they all claim to be for sun and shade locations. Some claim to be better in a little more sun than shade. I was considering buying a bag of each and mixing them equally then seeding my yard with this "potluck" of a mix. I didn't know if this will look horrible or possibly the seeds will affect one another in a negative way? Any help on this would be appreciated. I live in Wisconsin, no shade, sandy soil. I have considered black dirt but would like to try alternatives such as over-seeding first.

Thanks

turfcobob
07-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Check with your local University Extension guys on the type of seed. They will be your best help at the local level.