PDA

View Full Version : What has happened to this forum?

High Performance Lighting
07-15-2007, 06:09 PM
On 7-01-07 someone made a post with this title. It was clear he was trying to say without saying that he didn't like my "brand" of message and wouldn't return until I left. Well I left because like I've said publicly here before I think the guys a total phony and is out to use this forum as his personal soap box to promote his organization and himself. Take a look at this persons past 21 messages ( http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php?searchid=1960200 )
since returning from his three day leave of absence and you decide for yourself whether he is just out for the good of the "industry" or has his own agenda.

I have broken down the 21 messages and each one falls into 1 of 3 categories.

8 messages that are personal in nature and a waste of bandwith which could have been made privately and are of benefit to no one.

8 messages that are directly promoting the association he belongs to or another member of the association (ie-manufacturer, contractor, distributor etc.) again very little or no value to anyone. This does not even include the several messages that were posted before he left for 3 days that blatantly attempted to sell memberships.

5 messages that attempt to contribute to the subject matter of the original post

How the sponsor of this bd doesn't put a stop to this is remarkable. I question the credibility when the value of someone or something is based upon whether they are a member of an association or not. And of someone who promotes and recommends members and or member products without first hand knowledge but based solely upon the fact that they have paid membership dues and are listed on the association roster.

Don't worry I am not returning here. I won't contribute to a forum that allows such blatant abuse of it own TOS. I'd like you to think about this as I ask the same

WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS FORUM?:nono:

David Gretzmier
07-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Mike g- I couldn't get your link to work , so I did a search on paul's stuff, and yeah, there is personal , work, and posts about aolp. As to the value of each post, that would probably be up to who he was directly speaking to. If they felt it was of value or not, that is the receivor's decision, not yours, unless he was speaking directly to you. some things can be done in pm, but alot of folks talk personal in this forum, and there is some joking around as well. It reflects the human nature of this board. You'll see the same on irrigation, pest control, and other areas.

Any professional on this board can look at your work and pauls and know that both of you guys do top notch work. I don't know why you can't seem to get along with him, and lately me and others. You have a ton to offer to other professionals on this board, yet you consistantly feel the need to be extremely defensive. I've been on the lawn mowing side of this board for almost 7 years, and I've never seen anything like it.

when I say I use a wrench and someone else says they use pliers, I don't feel attacted, I maybe just explain why I use a wrench rather than pliers. I don't take it personal, and I am open to being wrong. If I am, I make it a point to say so and validate the other person.

It is my hope you can stay on this board and contribute, but if you do, when you disagree with someone be civil and disagree respectfully. You can tell it like it is without being mean. Others might say to have a thick skin, but I try to remember this-

any potential customer can google my name or high performance lighting or others and all the posts made on this site come up. I try to word my posts so that I don't have to explain a comment I made they read. This happened to me just last week, and after reading my posts they felt I was the man for the job. The same can happen to all of us.

steveparrott
07-16-2007, 02:38 PM
The only posts I object to are when the author is deceptive or violates the forum rules. I think most people in this forum know that I work for CAST and on occaision defend or clarify on behalf of the company, but I try to stay within the rules and to be absolutely honest.

I don't have any problem with Paul's posts, nor with Mike's. In fact, I think you both add a lot to the dialogue. Especially Mike since he was such a silent giant for so long and has in the past few months shared a lot of very valuable information for anyone trying to move to the next level in this work.

Rock on!

Pro-Scapes
07-16-2007, 05:21 PM
if we are all really proffesionals and striving to either get to or create a new level I would think we are all very capable of getting along. No need for anyone to leave. Why cant we all just get along ? we are all stuck on the same planet

NiteTymeIlluminations
07-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Well obviously we cant get along because this thread comes up every week anymore...screw it...we aint learning anything when we are talking about who is more conceited...this is ridiculous...and who has time to track someone's every move on this forum...that's crazy...talk about opportunity cost

SamIV
07-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Everyone shut up, move on, and start ejumakating each other.

SamIV

Pro-Scapes
07-17-2007, 07:44 AM
Everyone shut up, move on, and start ejumakating each other.

SamIV

That must be another one of thoes Cajun terms ? :) You finally dry out from this weekend Burt ? Seems everytime we have the pleasure of working together mother nature has other plans.

I agree... school is back in session lets learn and move on. I know we can all place our delicate male egos aside and get along.