PDA

View Full Version : How do I get rid of this weed problem?

grass guys
07-15-2007, 10:24 PM
As my pictures show I have noticed these weeds/grass in my clients yard start to progress over this small area over the past few months. Now its wanting to go all over the yard it started in a small spot now its gone on the other side of the walk and starting up again by the fence. Can you guys tell me what it is, and maybe how to get rid of it?

americanlawn
07-18-2007, 05:55 PM
My best guess is orchard grass or quackgrass? Does it have seed heads? When did it first show up? Was a pre-emergent applied? It looks to me like a perennial grassy weed.

grass guys
07-21-2007, 03:10 PM
No I haven't seen any seed heads, it first showed up in April of this year. Do you know of any ways to completely kill this weed. Would it be wise to just dig it up or do you know of any chemicals that I could use.

americanlawn
07-26-2007, 07:47 PM
Then it's quackgrass. (I thought it was cuz the leaves become limp in hot weather). I'm not at the shop now, but I beleive "Certainty" ?? kills it. I bought some from LESCO last week. Spray it when it's tall -- then a 2nd spray will probably be needed in 4 weeks. New product with hopeful results. Good luck. It's a huge prob here too.

Greenery
07-26-2007, 09:48 PM
We've experimented with certainty a little and didnt get that good of results. Let me know how it works for you.