PDA

View Full Version : Few questions about spindles

lzrj
07-16-2007, 09:05 PM
There is a sound coming from the right side spindle area that started recently. Can't tell if it is the spindle, belt or something else. How do you know how much grease to put in the spindles. Will it start seeping out. Seems like I can keep pumping and it never gets harder or any grease comes out. If it is the spindle, how hard are they to replace. Any special tools needed.

gene gls
07-16-2007, 09:19 PM
There is a sound coming from the right side spindle area that started recently. Can't tell if it is the spindle, belt or something else. How do you know how much grease to put in the spindles. Will it start seeping out. Seems like I can keep pumping and it never gets harder or any grease comes out. If it is the spindle, how hard are they to replace. Any special tools needed.

What machine you got? Try to wiggle the blade by hand before you take the blade off. If you see movement, you need bearings. When you grease the spindles on some mowers, the grease comes out the top of the spindle, under the pully. You won't see it untill you engauge the blades and the excess fly's out against the housing. Some are very easy to replace and some are hard.

lzrj
07-16-2007, 11:06 PM
Its a 2005 everride warrior 54" 25hp. After your post I went out and checked the blade. Its tight with no wiggle. It might be the pully making the sound then. Maybe ill go out and spray some fluid film on it and see it that helps.

gene gls
07-17-2007, 08:06 AM
Its a 2005 everride warrior 54" 25hp. After your post I went out and checked the blade. Its tight with no wiggle. It might be the pully making the sound then. Maybe ill go out and spray some fluid film on it and see it that helps.

I have an EverRide Warrior also,27/60". It could be an idler pully making noise. Some times you hear them as they get loose, other times they just explode. The grease comes out the top of the spindle on my machine but I can hear it.