PDA

View Full Version : Spring Clean Up/ One-Time Trim Charge

idreamgreen
07-17-2007, 03:25 PM
OK, I'm still a rookie and have lots more experience to gain. This weeks issue; i have 2 contracts for commercial properties that are government funded assisted living homes. In my contracts I stated that I would trim trees and hedges "as necessary". So the property manager would contact me as a tree or bush got over a curb or touched a building and reminded me to trim it. Well, now these properties are scheduled for a React inspection (I think that's what it's called). Now I have to trim ALL trees and hedges to their specification, so many inches from the building, so far below a window. I asked about a one-time charge for this but I was reminded that my contract stated I would trim "as necessary" What should I do and more importantly, how do you figure a one-time charge for something like this?? I get $800 a month now for one to maintain it and 460 for the other.

d&rlawncare
07-17-2007, 03:53 PM
Sounds like with the inspection coming up they are "in need" of a trim. If your contract says "as needed" then I guess you do it for the amount listed in your contract. You do have the cost per trim "as needed" in your contract right. Or is that part of the bid itself?

lawnpro724
07-17-2007, 04:00 PM
I'm not sure how you did your bid, was it just for mowing or did it include both?? If you have to submit a bid that includes everything then you should figure an estimate based on how long it will take you to mow, trim , blow each week and then look at all the shrubs, trees that are on the property and figure the time it will take as well as fuel, and disposal charge and take that figure and divide by the number of weeks you will be mowing.